Pages: [1]
Author Topic: REVO – the pre-owned gift that keeps on giving  (Read 5507 times)
rayce

« on: December 05, 2011, 03:20:03 PM »

I ran in to a really weird thing with my tune. It was going in to protection mode during warm up after it started getting colder here in NE Illinois. I could cycle the key and it would work after that without issue but it got irritating every morning so I decided to see if I could find the problem.

I started chasing the overboost protection again since I have yet to find KFDLULS. Again I never found it and began to suspected I was not getting a good read with MPPS so I tried NefMoto software, the result was exactly the same as MPPS but much faster. I wanted to use NefMoto for that reason as well as code clearing but I started getting an ECU code “programming not finished” and CEL after starting the car three times.

After reading around the forums I began to suspect MPPS left some data on my M95040 EEPROM so I used a vag commander cable to read and see. Not surprising, I could see that MPPS left data where the ECU compares the flash utility name and the NefMoto software did not clear the area but wrote NEFMTO in the middle of it.

To fix this, I decided to try to read the flash area with vag commander and after a ten minute read, I looked at the bin to see REVO repeated throughout the entire read with no data.

A little surprised to see this, I used NefMoto software and did a Validate Memory, Check if Flash Matches, Full Read Flash, Full Write Flash and my “programming not finished” code went away.

I suspect my car used to be REVO tuned and that is why I can’t find KFDLULS to disable overboost. To fix the warm up going to “limp mode” problem, I just removed all the changes that I thought I needed in order to disable overboost protection. After testing this really cold morning, my “limp mode” problem is gone and full power.

If this is left over from a REVO tune, it would be interesting to figure out how the overboost was disabled. It seems to happen in cold weather if you change any of the maps related to overboost.

04 TT 225BEA Quattro
68 T1 VW Street Rail 2.5 Turbo 18psi 1300lbs
rayce

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 03:34:17 PM »

My latest Tune
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 05:27:37 PM by rayce » Logged

04 TT 225BEA Quattro
68 T1 VW Street Rail 2.5 Turbo 18psi 1300lbs
robin

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 06:33:20 AM »

If the REVO software isn't overwritten with a REVO cable, depending on the ECU, it can leave data behind in the EE.

Gonzo

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 08:13:05 PM »

There is no KDFLULS on newer software versions FYI. Its not a Revo thing.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: