Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: 1.8t with 2.0t stroker kit (thoughts on tuning)  (Read 19135 times)
rob.mwpropane

« on: December 26, 2011, 05:27:14 PM »

Hey guys, I've got a line on a 06A engine with a stroker kit (AEG crank, upgraded pistons, upgraded rods). It's still a little while before I'd even be able to look at it, but all the same I'd like to know what I'm in for software wise. The only thing that I know for sure is KRKTE, and I have that figured for the difference in displacement. Since the bore size hasn't changed, I don't think I have to mess with timing, but again these are just my thoughts I'm throwing out.

I know its pretty common to do, but I've never really thought about the software aspect before. Any tips, hints, experience greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

This has nothing to do with cars but you can see my glorifying job at,

www.MWPropane.com
rob.mwpropane

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 10:06:41 PM »

Don't know how I missed this one: Grin

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php/topic,769.0.html

Pretty good start though.

www.MWPropane.com
rob.mwpropane

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 01:49:47 PM »

Well I worked it out, but I figured I'd post it for everyone to view. At least here's how I understand it, correct me if I'm wrong Grin

KISRM= zkorr/(Vs/VH)*z          where

zkorr= .90 (correction factor based upon # cyl out of funktionsrahmen)
Vs= 3136cm^3 (volume of intake manifold from throttle blade to inlet valve)
VH= 1781cm^3 (engine displacement)
z= 4 (# of cylinders)

My stock bin (2001 Audi A4 1.8t AWM) has KISRM at .1278 so

.1278=.90/(3136/1781)*4

I didn't have time today to figure some of this out, so actually I had help from member "TTQS" for tanslating and bouncing ideas off of (and some math!!). Thanks Doug!!! Wink

So assuming that it's all correct for the same block/intake manifold with a stroker kit I came up with:
.14407=.90/(3136/2008)*4

I assume I would have to recalculate this with an AEB intake manifold?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 01:58:25 PM by rob.mwpropane » Logged

www.MWPropane.com
TTQS
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 03:59:00 PM »

Hi Rob.

I suppose if the only variable between your AWM and the AEB 1.8T engine variants is the intake manifold, then rather than estimating intake manifold volume, if you can find a stock .bin for the AEB engine variant (or other variant with the same intake manifold part number) and locate KISRM, then you could rearrange and plug in the numbers in the same manner to get Vs for the AEB inlet manifold?

I guess you've already thought of that...

TTQS
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 04:12:08 PM by TTQS » Logged
rob.mwpropane

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2011, 04:29:05 PM »

I would, but I have yet to come across me.5-me.3 documentation which is what the AEB manifold is off of. I could have a look at ME5.x Damos, good idea.

Edit: I did have a look at ME5.x Damos. No go. No such function as BGSRM, I even tried to search via "Integratorbeiwert f ¨ur Saugrohrmodell (Dynamik)". No luck Sad Oh well, it's just going to take some enginuity on my part Wink
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 06:15:18 PM by rob.mwpropane » Logged

www.MWPropane.com
TTQS
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 06:36:24 AM »

I would, but I have yet to come across me.5-me.3 documentation which is what the AEB manifold is off of. I could have a look at ME5.x Damos, good idea.

Edit: I did have a look at ME5.x Damos. No go. No such function as BGSRM, I even tried to search via "Integratorbeiwert f ¨ur Saugrohrmodell (Dynamik)". No luck Sad Oh well, it's just going to take some enginuity on my part Wink

Sorry, I didn't realise the AEB engine variant wasn't ME7. Back to the high school physics idea then?  Grin

TTQS
rob.mwpropane

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2011, 07:36:28 AM »

Sorry, I didn't realise the AEB engine variant wasn't ME7. Back to the high school physics idea then?  Grin

TTQS

Yup, what TTQS is referring to is the old "fill the intake manifold with water and measure the amount to come up with volume".... (Off the car of course!) I think it best to actually measure both (AWM and AEB) to get an accurate reading. The difference between what the AWM is volume wise, compared to what's stored in my bin, will theoretically give me the extra volume included for throttle body and intake valve. (All this and I bet the deal on the block falls through, interesting none the less.) Tongue

www.MWPropane.com
TTQS
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2012, 12:11:09 PM »

Translation of BGSRM 17.10 (Cylinder Charge Detection, Intake Manifold Model) added to the Nefmoto wiki.

http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki/index.php/BGSRM_17.10_(Cylinder_Charge_Detection,_Intake_Manifold_Model)

TTQS
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 10:10:56 AM by TTQS » Logged
rob.mwpropane

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2012, 06:31:36 PM »

Translation of BGSRM 17.10 (Cylinder Charge Detection, Intake Manifold Model) added here.

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php/topic,555.msg6683.html#msg6683

TTQS

Thanks Doug! (of course the deal with the 2.0t fell through, but an interesting addition/read none the less!)

www.MWPropane.com
ReiterPerf

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2016, 10:30:08 AM »

Has anyone actually measured the intake volume? I also did the math for it from the b6 file and came up with 3.135563L intake volume. When measuring with water the stock manifold itself comes to 2.1L and the ports in the head with valves come real close to .1L each. That is 2.5L total. Where is the other .6L?

We have a 2.0L stroker that has a large aftermarket manifold (that we haven't measured yet) Most aftermarket manifolds advertise between 2.7 and 3 L

prj

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2016, 01:38:53 PM »

This thread is irrelevant. KISRM is simply a time filter on load, so that there are no jumps.
This mumbo-jumbo math is not important at all, you look how your load looks like and set it accordingly.

KUMSRL is the one you have to adjust for changes in displacement. It is the base constant.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
ReiterPerf

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2016, 12:08:56 PM »

I agree, I cant find the address for KUMSRL anywhere though.
k0mpresd

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2016, 12:20:01 PM »

I agree, I cant find the address for KUMSRL anywhere though.

10EFC.
ReiterPerf

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2016, 12:28:48 PM »

thanks by chance do you have NLLM?
ReiterPerf

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2016, 07:48:32 PM »

Car is going pretty good now have a little bit of throttle pulling back at end of 2nd not sure why yet Let me know your thoughts if you have a chance to look at it.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: