Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Has anyone successfully tuned a me5 (557P)?  (Read 32566 times)
ricekikr

« on: February 24, 2012, 07:37:13 PM »

Hi,

I've been reading the threads, and couldn't find anything specific on a ME5, mostly me7 and some me3.

Anyways, has anyone successfully tuned an me5 557P? I also have another ECU that's chipped, can I just pull that chip and re-write it?

Main thing I want to do is remove rev-limit. Misc stuff is set base timing/fuel, adjust start up enrich. Then use my piggy to tune live.
pvl

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 08:37:31 PM »

It would be nice for educational reasons, to post these read-outs over here, if possible.

If i'm correct that ecu is very similar to the euro M3.8.3 (flashrom-chip inside) so as of tuneability that should be not a big problem.

Writing these ecu's chip can be done over obd if wiringloom is equipped with 1 extra lead to pin 43 of the ecu. And if the ecu has a flashrom.
Reading, sadly not. That stays a solder-job. Untill someone finds a way how to read it via obd.

Removing the revlimiter may be a bit harsh. Why would you like to do that ? There are rpm-limits to the 20v head's valvetrain...

Greetings,

PvL
ricekikr

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 09:05:41 PM »

Pin 43 would only need a 12v source right?

I did find an ME5 file here, could I just modify and write that?

Here's the file:
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=725.0;attach=839

How exactly is rev-limit removed? From what I know rev-limit is indirectly computed, not sure what parameters.

As to why rev-limit: head is somewhat built (valves and springs), need to raise rev-limit when I install cams. Current is 7300rpm, after removing rev-limit, gona use piggyback to set new limit to 8-8500rpm
ricekikr

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 12:15:35 AM »

Looks like the file I got here labeled me5 is a me3.8.2. as per 0BF00 notes.  Sad
RS-MAD

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 01:12:46 AM »

How exactly is rev-limit removed? From what I know rev-limit is indirectly computed, not sure what parameters.

As to why rev-limit: head is somewhat built (valves and springs), need to raise rev-limit when I install cams. Current is 7300rpm, after removing rev-limit, gona use piggyback to set new limit to 8-8500rpm

Why you will use such ting as rev limiter of file you post is just there , sitting and waiting for you Smiley
Limiter start at adress 7DF0 6x5 table , factor 40

Greetings ,

Vency
ricekikr

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 01:42:52 AM »

Why you will use such ting as rev limiter of file you post is just there , sitting and waiting for you Smiley
Limiter start at adress 7DF0 6x5 table , factor 40

Greetings ,

Vency

Thanks. Sorry for the noob questions. I'm still figuring this out, my first time seeing hex code today.

With the file attached above, This is what 7DF0 has

AA A3 A3 A4 AA AA C8 C8 C8 C8 C8 C8 AA A5 A6 A6

So AA =  170 x 40 = 6800rpm correct?

So if I change AA to C8, I should have an 8000rpm redline?

Where can I see the fuel and ignition maps to check if there's any fuel or timing in that part.
pvl

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 02:25:57 AM »

It would be better for discussionpurposes to post the file you're working on, don't you think?

Or at least give us the bosch hardware/softwarenumbers that are in the file....

There is a reasonably fully documented .ols-projectfile of M3.8.2 over here on nefmoto. Tho in german:

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=139.0;attach=362

This can be used to adress the maps needed to be modified.

PvL
ricekikr

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2012, 02:34:45 AM »

Filename says its a ME5, but 0BF00 says its a 3.82

Here's the file
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=725.0;attach=839

Do you have a stock ME5 file I can use?  Smiley - Been trying to find one for a couple of hours (google / nefmoto / chiptuners)
pvl

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2012, 02:49:57 AM »

Here you have some homework-stuff Wink

ricekikr

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2012, 03:11:55 AM »

Thank you very very much.  Grin

Hopefully I don't brick my ECU lol.
ricekikr

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2012, 07:35:04 AM »

@PVL

1. I'm using Winols, is that ok? or should I use another program?

2. Are the files you sent, Stock Files that I can just upload to my ECU to basically reset it? (I ask because there were some differences between your files and the file I got from here, like 7DF0 was "0" and there were no labels.

3. How can I identify X and Y-Axis? - In most screen shots, I see labels (in German).

4. Does the ECU just use the last value if ever it goes out of MAP. (ie. if fuel map only goes to 6800rpm and inj duty at that point is 80% it will simply stay at 80% even at 8000rpm)

PS: I'm using your me3 excel file for the labels.  Grin
ricekikr

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2012, 09:15:13 AM »

Re: rev-limiter.

Using the 8D0907557P - D06 file: When I check 7df0, it's a 1x1 table. - It has a value of 75

The only 6x5 table I see is 0B13B in the  8D0907557P - D06 file.
pvl

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2012, 09:36:29 AM »

" I'm using Winols, is that ok? or should I use another program?" -> Thats o.k. Most professional tuners use it also... But you are free to choose
the program you want. What suits you the best.

" Are the files you sent, Stock Files " -> Yes, they are !

" that I can just upload to my ECU to basically reset it? " -> If you have a matching ecuhardwarenumber (028x number) , then yes. (557P - M5.92)

"(I ask because there were some differences between your files and the file I got from here, like 7DF0 was "0" and there were no labels." -> POST your file please
so we can have a look !!!

"How can I identify X and Y-Axis? - In most screen shots, I see labels (in German)" screenshots added by me. Thas not too complicated, i think ?

"Does the ECU just use the last value if ever it goes out of MAP. (ie. if fuel map only goes to 6800rpm and inj duty at that point is 80% it will simply stay at 80% even at 8000rpm)" -> AFAIK yes. It uses the last known mapvalue (most ecu's do, like Digifant) So fuelling is not map-controlled after that value !!!!! (on WOT)

"(PS: I'm using your me3 excel file for the labels.  Grin)"  -> thank you Smiley  It's all made to give more insight-info when beginning with this stuff. Hope it helps !

The .OLS-file posted/referred isn't a M5.92. I referred too. Thanks to Clemens, who obviously doesn't know what he is busy with... Or drank too much schnaps.
But it doesn't matter that much. It's excellent for getting to know the structure and finding the maps.

Greetings,

PvL
ricekikr

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2012, 10:16:03 AM »

"(I ask because there were some differences between your files and the file I got from here, like 7DF0 was "0" and there were no labels." -> POST your file please
so we can have a look !!!

The .OLS-file posted/referred isn't a M5.92. I referred too. Thanks to Clemens, who obviously doesn't know what he is busy with... Or drank too much schnaps.

I'm only using the files you posted (specifically the D06 file) and the ME3 file that was labeled ME5 (Clemens). Your right, the Clemens file was still very helpful, Google Translate FTW.

Using your D06 file, how exactly do I set a higher rev-limit? 7DF0 looks different from your D06 file and the Clemens file.

Using D06 - "0898B" What is the X-Axis? And how do the values in the tables translate to degrees - Which I believe to be a timing Table and I think is the same table as your screenshot, just with the X and Y axis swapped.
ricekikr

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2012, 06:58:26 AM »

Just the studied the maps more. The 3.8 and 5.9 looks like the addresses are in completely different locations.

Anyways, a'm I doing this correctly? I just look for the descriptors (rpm - A2 and load - A4), then figure out what the map is for?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 07:21:43 AM by ricekikr » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: