Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Cloning instrument cluster  (Read 10471 times)
Deko

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2015, 01:06:06 PM »

BTW, just thought this might play some role too...
The A4 that i have is not the usual A4... i dont know what these types are called elsewhere  but here in Sweden they are called TS, that means the  220Hp engine. Some say that these B7's are classed under "early 2008"  and some say these are 2007 what ever the model extension.
tjwasiak

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2015, 01:23:49 PM »

Genuine AVDI is FTDI based device, but I am quite sure it does have much more inside (it does have updatable firmware, online activation...). Unfortunately proper license + basic AVDI will cost amount in thousand of euros range.
VAG Tacho would be much cheaper (I do not know how this one is built) but I am not sure if this one will work (it is written on its website it does work on A4 up to MY2007) - it costs 390 EUR.
No other tools come to my mind (VAG Dash CAN is not compatible with any Audi model according to their website).
Deko

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2015, 01:59:38 PM »

Ah i see, well i will def look for alternatives, also have  friend who creates own circuits who i think i could ask if he has any idea. Now days thanks to arduino and similar stuff, people are able to create and simulate all kinds of tricky stuff.

Anyways, here comes the part numbers you asked earlier.
8E09209 31G - Rs4 cluster
8E09209 01J - currently installed OEM cluster

Since you seem to know quite alot, ill bug you a bit more, Take for example

Kline, VAGCOM, MPPS v13 / v16  cables and OBD2-devices, do you know what is different in these, as in hardware and their abilities ?
There seem to be quite alot of different hardwares available and many of those claim to read and write, whats the diff between OBD2 and kline.
Ive tried to read their descriptions but am struggling with grasping the actual difference.
Kind of feels the kline and mpps are the same thing, just under diff names and probably for diff car models, therefore ill probably get one MPPS v16 from ebay, just to play around.

Deko

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2015, 03:34:35 PM »

bump, any questions here are still hot
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: