Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: wiring innovate LC-1..??  (Read 16498 times)
Stompen

2002 Audi A4 1.8T

« on: October 09, 2012, 05:48:51 PM »

I just got my hands on a innovate LC-1 wideband gauge and sensor.
From what I understand it is possible to connect it to the ecu cables, simulating the original o2 signal and use the original hole for the O2..

I`ve searched on how to connect it, but there is very little info (or I suck at searching.. ) on how to connect it.

Have any of you done this? Which cable do I connect to to simulate the signal to the ecu?

I also heard that the A4 b6 (AVJ eng-2002 mod) has a wideband O2 original.. can anyone confirm this?
And if so.. wouldn`t it give the wrong signal if I connect the "simulated narrowband" cable to the ECU??

Sorry if this is a stupid question.. just trying to learn Smiley
aef

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 10:55:07 PM »

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/support/manual/LC-1_Manual.pdf

If your car is 2002 it should have ME7 ecu. Thatswhy you are here i think.
I hope someone will confirm that all or most of the ME7 are wideband.
Stompen

2002 Audi A4 1.8T

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 11:22:52 PM »

Thanks for the guide, but I`ve allready seen thru it.

I`m hoping somebody can tell me how to do it on my car.. which wire to connect to on the harness to the ecu, so that I dont have to drill a new hole for the new one, if it is even possible.

PS: yes I have a ME7.5 ecu.

aef

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 01:07:18 AM »

Hmm so your car has a wideband o2 at the moment? How many pins does the connector have?

Looks like LC-1 has 2 "analog" outputs and is able to emulate only narrowband o2 sensor.
prj

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, 01:28:14 AM »

Stompen, you already should have a wideband sensor...
So if you want to use the LC-1 you will need another hole.

Or if you have a post-cat O2, you can remove the post-cat O2, code it out and fit the LC-1 there.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Stompen

2002 Audi A4 1.8T

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2012, 04:14:42 PM »

AEF: There are 5 wires from the O2 sensor.. So I`m guessing 5 pins Smiley 

PRJ: Again, thank you for another straight up answer Smiley

Will coding out the post-cat O2 give any fault codes? I think I read something about it somewhere, but when I searched for it now I couldn`t find it again.
I`m guessing that connecting to the original wiring isn`t an option if I want to connect it to the gauge. From what I understand, the original wideband have a different V then the innovate one. . .

I really don`t want to drill a new hole, so for now that seems like the best solution for me.
When I get around to installing the "race-cat", drilling won`t be a problem.. but I need to find time for it.

And finally.. coding isn`t my strong side yet.. so could you, or could you give me a hint to who could help me code out the rear O2?

Again, thank you so much for taking the time to help me Smiley
prj

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2012, 12:35:49 AM »

All the info exists online on how to code this out.
If you want help with your ecu then you will need to post your original file.

Log your car properly.
Stompen

2002 Audi A4 1.8T

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2012, 02:22:19 AM »

This is the file I`m running on my car.

I tried posting it in "tuning requests", but then I was lazy for not trying myself..

Just to make it clear to all who think I am here just for the free help.. I am trying to learn, and I have read a lot on this forum.. but I`m having a hard time finding the map locations, and without those, its not easy guessing whats what.

I have also requested a definition file, but to make it all a bit easier, there are no complete definition files for my ecu (8E0906018 (tuned) and the 8E0909518), and even though I have seen the videos and read the posts on how to find the maps, I am totally blank.
I also have winols with all the needed OLS`s, but cant get it to run on my computer..

I really appreciate this forum and all the helpful people in here, but sometimes, asking for help is really hard.

Sorry for the long post :p
masterj

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2012, 11:21:59 AM »

Hmmm... pretty interesting idea, dunno if it works though, but...
You could disable cat ant remove all cat heating and cat related o2 corrections. Then you could wire one of the outputs to your postcat o2 input in ecu. I think wih everything set corretly you could even log your lc1 as post cat o2 without any problems... Wink Dunno if anyone done this already

prj

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2012, 07:27:13 AM »

Hmmm... pretty interesting idea, dunno if it works though, but...
You could disable cat ant remove all cat heating and cat related o2 corrections. Then you could wire one of the outputs to your postcat o2 input in ecu. I think wih everything set corretly you could even log your lc1 as post cat o2 without any problems... Wink Dunno if anyone done this already

His ECU is wideband.

Log your car properly.
masterj

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2012, 08:29:43 AM »

His ECU is wideband.

post-cat is also wideband? :O my ecu is wideband but postcat sensor is still nb

prj

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2012, 09:00:19 AM »

post-cat is also wideband? :O my ecu is wideband but postcat sensor is still nb

Why would you need pre-cat and post-cat wideband?

Log your car properly.
masterj

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2012, 09:09:12 AM »

Why would you need pre-cat and post-cat wideband?

pre-cat is for ecu mixture control. now with LC-1 you can use to see final AFR after lambda corrections inside cabin. Additionally you can you can set up it as precat sensor checking mechanism (faulty or not) by using analog output to emulate nb (ofcourse if cat is removed and coded out from ecu). Only one additional thing needed is disable of postcat heaters inside ecu software.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 09:10:48 AM by masterj » Logged

prj

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2012, 12:21:15 PM »

pre-cat is for ecu mixture control. now with LC-1 you can use to see final AFR after lambda corrections inside cabin. Additionally you can you can set up it as precat sensor checking mechanism (faulty or not) by using analog output to emulate nb (ofcourse if cat is removed and coded out from ecu). Only one additional thing needed is disable of postcat heaters inside ecu software.

1. Post-cat AFR will be different and more inaccurate because of the cat effect, and because it is further downstream.
2. You still did not explain what the point is to wire the rear wideband to the ECU, when the ECU already has front wideband in correct position.

Also, if there was ANY point doing this, don't you think Bosch would have done it by now?

Log your car properly.
Stompen

2002 Audi A4 1.8T

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2012, 01:17:27 PM »

If you remove the cat, and replace it with a test pipe, the cat effect wont be a problem.

The point of using the post 02 for a lc-1 is to get a real time AFR reading inside the cabin.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: