Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who here things the Tuning forum should be split depending on platform?  (Read 6444 times)
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

So in order to refine the forums a little more and to help keep things organized, I think creating subcategories to keep relevant information together will create a better environment for new users and easier to keep track of topics for the more seasoned users.

Keep the tuning for general topics, and even for people who don't know where their topic is going just yet (can always be moved later on) and ECU type specific forums for everything else.

What say ye?

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
littco

So in order to refine the forums a little more and to help keep things organized, I think creating subcategories to keep relevant information together will create a better environment for new users and easier to keep track of topics for the more seasoned users.

Keep the tuning for general topics, and even for people who don't know where their topic is going just yet (can always be moved later on) and ECU type specific forums for everything else.

What say ye?

I think separating me7 and me9 would be good. Especially if the me9 gets going a bit more.
phila_dot

Maybe ME7 with wide and narrowband subforums and ME(D)9?

I just read all new posts anyway, so it doesn't really matter to me.

Posters just need to learn to actually post necessary information IMO.
nyet
Administrator

There is a lot of overlap between all ME's. If we were to split it, we'd have a lot of duplicated topics.

Posters just need to learn to actually post necessary information IMO.

I agree.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
ddillenger

I just read all new posts anyway,

This. I think having separate forums will just open the door for reposts and even less searching. They're all too similar to split. Someone with a 1.8 won't think to look in the 2.7 section. That, and I think we're small enough that most people read everything anyway. I know I do.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

Maybe for now just split it between Diesel and Gasoline ECU types?

I see how it could promote some more rogue posts, but I also think that the information that is older less active is harder to find and would benefit from being in a proper sub-category as the older treads are just as important IMO Smiley

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
cyril279

...I also think that the information that is older less active is harder to find and would benefit from being in a proper sub-category as the older treads are just as important IMO Smiley

the older threads are critical!  the search function of nefmoto is a bit flighty at times, but google site-search fills in the gaps thoroughly.  I'm not speaking to the overlap of gas/diesel tuning (seems totally reasonable), but I'm not sure that splitting or subbing the sections will adversely help old-thread-visibility.

masterj

Split between Diesel and Gasoline ecus. And maybe one section for other non-seventh generation me ecus...

vagenwerk

1.diesel
2. me7.x (all narrowband + wideband , 1.8t/2.7bit)
3.me 3.8.x and other motronics.
NetMofo

Wouldn't mind seeing a BEL/ME7.1.1 section, I really think us BEL guys need to unite!
ddillenger

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2013, 12:34:40 PM »

Wouldn't mind seeing a BEL/ME7.1.1 section, I really think us BEL guys need to unite!

The differences between 7.1.1 and 7.1 do not warrant a division. They are nearly identical.

Older motronic should have it's own section though. I'll concede that.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2013, 12:54:02 PM »

Good suggestions guys Smiley

Axis

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2013, 04:54:55 PM »

I've never seen a forum that got better after a split. Especially a small forum like this one.
If you really have an urge to do something then keep ME7 and 9 together and let Diesel and older ME have one each. Though I'm against it.
Far from everyone use the "show unread posts since last visit" and will miss some threads.
Some people with much knowledge might also stay in their particular sub forum and will not bother reading other sub forums in which they might had been able to contribute to if they had actually read them.
Snow Trooper

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2013, 07:35:38 AM »

Don't split it.

cartoons?
6A 61 72 65 64 40 76 6C 6D 73 70 65 63
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: