Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Winols - Import BIN file is Read-only  (Read 5254 times)
PDBoosted

« on: June 11, 2018, 06:46:38 AM »

Hi guys, new noob here.

I've really been putting in the time gathering and reading as much as possible and I believe I have learnt a lot.

I've gotten as far as reading my standard .bin file and importing it into a winols project along with a fully defined file so that I can start looking for maps.

The problem I'm having and can't get past is every .bin I import is [read-only]?? I've tried multiple bins and they all end up being read only. I can't edit anything.

What am I doing wrong?

Attached is my original .bin
adam-

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 10:04:54 AM »

Demo.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 10:15:13 AM »

Use tunerpro or buy winols Smiley

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
PDBoosted

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2018, 12:12:46 AM »

Cool, I'll look into either buying winols or using tunerpro.

In the mean time I think I have managed. Winols (or the demo version of winols), doesn't seem to save when you click save. Also you can't choose where to save??

I found that if I closed winols and clicked save, and them opened the project again it would no longer be read only.

Thanks.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2018, 12:48:10 PM »

Cool, I'll look into either buying winols or using tunerpro.

In the mean time I think I have managed. Winols (or the demo version of winols), doesn't seem to save when you click save. Also you can't choose where to save??

I found that if I closed winols and clicked save, and them opened the project again it would no longer be read only.

Thanks.

Functionality is  limited on the demo version. Hence the "demo" name. They're trying to incite you  / allow testing so you eventually buy the software. All the things you aren't able to do are because it's the demo version. Demo version.

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: