Pages: [1]
Author Topic: VW mk4 immo3 cluster swap Channel 50 System Not Ok  (Read 2313 times)
beaver2424

« on: September 16, 2022, 07:14:35 PM »

Hello! I'm trying to do a cluster swap in my 2003 VW mk4 GTI 1.8t. I have both SKCS from old cluster and new (used) cluster which were obtained from vagtacho.
I have VCDS 22.3 and I am following this immo3 cluster swap guide https://www.uk-mkivs.net/threads/cluster-swap-immo3-to-immo3.61287/ 

Old Cluster p/n: 1J0920906J
New (Used) Cluster p/n: 1J5920906J

Everything goes well until I get to channel 50 and enter Old SKC from old cluster in "New Value" and hit test I get: System, Not Ok, N/A, N/A
My new (used) cluster wont take the old cluster vin and immobilizer information. Is the new (used) cluster bad?

I have installed vag eeprom programmer. If I get the eeprom dump from the new(Used) cluster and edit in a hex editor and change vin, immod id, skc and immo key and write to eeprom will that work?

elektronik13

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2022, 11:37:47 AM »

Hello! I'm trying to do a cluster swap in my 2003 VW mk4 GTI 1.8t. I have both SKCS from old cluster and new (used) cluster which were obtained from vagtacho.
I have VCDS 22.3 and I am following this immo3 cluster swap guide https://www.uk-mkivs.net/threads/cluster-swap-immo3-to-immo3.61287/ 

Old Cluster p/n: 1J0920906J
New (Used) Cluster p/n: 1J5920906J

Everything goes well until I get to channel 50 and enter Old SKC from old cluster in "New Value" and hit test I get: System, Not Ok, N/A, N/A
My new (used) cluster wont take the old cluster vin and immobilizer information. Is the new (used) cluster bad?

I have installed vag eeprom programmer. If I get the eeprom dump from the new(Used) cluster and edit in a hex editor and change vin, immod id, skc and immo key and write to eeprom will that work?

read eeprom of new and old dash and insert here
beaver2424

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2022, 02:03:57 PM »

I figured it out. I used vag eeprom programmer and pulled both old cluster eeprom dump and new cluster eeprom dump. Then I compared and used ZeGecko's post:
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=14294.0title=

and edited in the new (used) cluster eeprom dump (Saved original backup first):
Vin
Immo ID
SKC
Immo Key

Edited those 4 values in hxd editor saved and opened in vag eeprom programmer and wrote to the new(used) cluster. Also I adjusted the mileage in vag eeprom programmer. Then I proceeded to use VCDS and logged into new cluster with old skc, 17 instruments, login 11 (old skc), Adaptation 10, Channel 21 and reprogrammed all three keys. Worked like a charm!

Big thanks to  ZeGecko for making that detailed post on what to edit when you pull the cluster eeprom dump.
stuydub

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2022, 11:58:13 PM »

should of just used Dashdump edit that would have swapped matching data and you wouldnt of need vcds either
elektronik13

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2022, 01:14:30 AM »

I figured it out. I used vag eeprom programmer and pulled both old cluster eeprom dump and new cluster eeprom dump. Then I compared and used ZeGecko's post:
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=14294.0title=

and edited in the new (used) cluster eeprom dump (Saved original backup first):
Vin
Immo ID
SKC
Immo Key

Edited those 4 values in hxd editor saved and opened in vag eeprom programmer and wrote to the new(used) cluster. Also I adjusted the mileage in vag eeprom programmer. Then I proceeded to use VCDS and logged into new cluster with old skc, 17 instruments, login 11 (old skc), Adaptation 10, Channel 21 and reprogrammed all three keys. Worked like a charm!

Big thanks to  ZeGecko for making that detailed post on what to edit when you pull the cluster eeprom dump.
if I had done it, the car would have just started as if the numerator was from this car
regards
beaver2424

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2022, 12:13:12 PM »

if I had done it, the car would have just started as if the numerator was from this car
regards

Where do I get dashdump edit program? Sounds a lot easier than manually editing the dump file like I did.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: