Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Phaeton EDC16CP34 Intermittent no start  (Read 1753 times)
reb11

« on: February 21, 2021, 02:25:35 PM »

Hi folks,

First post here, but I'm hoping someone can help me.. I needed to get the immob pin from a phaeton ecu and once I got the data I used new thermal paste and neutral sealant and closed it up.

I installed it and had a no-start, with the error code p0200, injector circuit faulty. I took ecu back out and tried with the ecu lid just loosely attached, and car starts and drives fine no error codes.

It appears if I tighten the ecu lid the car won't start, but if I leave it loosely attached it works. This idea worked for a few minutes of driving until I hit a bump and the car died with p0200 fault code.

Again once I removed the ecu lid it starts fine.

The lid is slightly warped near the thermal paste, would this be caused by the lid shorting out the ecu? Or could I be missing something? Any ideas for getting out of this situation which don't result in a new ecu?

It is a 3.0tdi phaeton.

Thanks
prj

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2021, 04:07:39 PM »

Hi folks,

First post here, but I'm hoping someone can help me.. I needed to get the immob pin from a phaeton ecu and once I got the data I used new thermal paste and neutral sealant and closed it up.

I installed it and had a no-start, with the error code p0200, injector circuit faulty. I took ecu back out and tried with the ecu lid just loosely attached, and car starts and drives fine no error codes.

It appears if I tighten the ecu lid the car won't start, but if I leave it loosely attached it works. This idea worked for a few minutes of driving until I hit a bump and the car died with p0200 fault code.

Again once I removed the ecu lid it starts fine.

The lid is slightly warped near the thermal paste, would this be caused by the lid shorting out the ecu? Or could I be missing something? Any ideas for getting out of this situation which don't result in a new ecu?

It is a 3.0tdi phaeton.

Thanks

You cracked the PCB. Buy a new ECU.
Oh and try using original tools next time, the entire memory and the eeprom on these ECUs can be read without opening them.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
reb11

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2021, 02:38:34 AM »

Thanks prj, I hadn't considered the pcb being physically damaged as I can't see anything visibly wrong. Based on the symptoms you are probably right, I guess its another ecu then.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: