Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AUDI A4 B6 1.8TQ BEX EGTs too high  (Read 1481 times)
shawty91

« on: September 25, 2023, 02:33:08 PM »

Hello guys  Smiley so after some engine rebuild for my audi a4 b6 1.8t quattro BEX  i decided to go forward with remap the ecu by myself with big enthusiasm, so hardware changes that has been made are: full engine rebuild with H Beam rods, rebuilded engine head, new FMIC installed, turbo k03s hybrid with Audi s3 CHRA(k04-022), 480cc Bosh (blue) injectors 0 280 156 280, 63mm Magnaflow exhaust with downpipe(i think i dont forget something). So after two month of hard work i think i have some succsess except now i am stuck with this fueling part of my tunning and seems i'm now in starting position.. two months ago i has started with injectors calibrating, i've set up  krkte 0.06062  after some calculations with this formulla KRKTE = (50.2624*Vhzyl)/Qstat. So far so good, next after of course i was edited TVUB, which i have borrowed from Opel Astra OPC where those injectors are used, same with TEMIN, after many other  little stupid stuff(problems like boost leaks, turbo waste gate incorectly set, etc..) after two months of repairs of those little things finally i was able to set this turbo to work as i want and i am satisfied with final result as i am verry new to this, now the only thing that is bothering me is that   tabgbts_w is hitting very high values like 1050 degrees by celsiuls and now i am really confused how to deal this problem till now without success, seems like AFR are not follow my LAMFA map, but i have no idea what map it follows and egt part protection activates at 950 degrees to cool down things, my lambda goes down to 0.73 sometimes and car feels like less power,  my LTFT is to +3, while my STFTs are going up to +20 on WOT after goes down to 8.

Also which EGTs are real measured i thing that tabgbts_w are calculated from ECU, but i'm not sure for tabgm(is that real measured ones?)
Is it ever possibly to prevent those egts going that high?

I will attach one from my many logs that have been made with me7logger! thanks in advance, for sure i am forgetting something, but will reply if needed.
Oh By the way i have  been working timing part recently because there was some ignition retard, so the other question is if theres no ignition retardation is that mean theres no detonations happening.. and what AdaptedIgnitionAngleDynRange means?

Please excuse me if i ask dump questions..

« Last Edit: September 25, 2023, 02:57:04 PM by shawty91 » Logged
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2023, 11:59:22 PM »

There is no egt sensor in this setup
Tabgm is calculated (m - modelled), tabgss from sensor
Lambts comes from kflbts + kffdlbts and so on, just read the wiki or FR

No surprise tabgm is so high, this timing can blow out your newly assembled engine easily

shawty91

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2023, 12:35:05 AM »

Thank you for your reply, this timing was last setted couple of days ago(i have to deal with it now) because when i move it up by couple of degrees theres ignition retardation activates, but with higher timing the result with egts is the same.. by now i was a have my kfzw and kfzw2 tweaked as i have readed they are basic.
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2023, 01:02:07 AM »

Lower the boost then.
You cannot just raise boost levels and deal with knock just by lowering timing. It's ending up with melted pistons usually
10 deg @5000 is the safe minimum (for daily short pulls, not a track imo)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2023, 01:04:13 AM by fknbrkn » Logged
shawty91

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2023, 01:38:42 AM »

I understand that, i just love the way car moves with this boost
shawty91

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2023, 01:42:11 AM »

I understand that, i just love the way car moves with this boost  but i will lower it for sure. Not long ago i was tried to lower the boost at high peak to 1.3bar then down to 1.1bar but the result with egts was the same 1000 degrees to 4800-5000 revs. The only thing i forgot to say is that fuel pump was not changed the car is with stock Fuel pump is it possible this to cause high egts even if we accept the timing is ok and theres no advretard.. i think the stock FP is around 122 lph  at 4 bar.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2023, 01:44:44 AM by shawty91 » Logged
prj

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2023, 09:13:25 AM »

Perfect example of building engine with too high compression ratio.
You messed up the engine build, no amount of tuning will get around it.
If you want to solve the problem, then the cheapest way is to take off the head and fit a compression lowering headgasket.

Fuel pump is irrelevant as long as fuel trim is normal and IDC is not too high, it is sufficient.
Also remember, this is theoretical calculated EGT, there is no EGT sensor.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
shawty91

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2023, 02:28:22 PM »

Thank you for your reply, i havent considered that high compression  ratios part for my tuning setup, but i believe that this is probably most used setup i really dont know what is real compresion ratio, but i will go for measure that. Here comes the question what ratios have to be measured for best (safest) performance?
prj

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2023, 03:06:36 AM »

Thank you for your reply, i havent considered that high compression  ratios part for my tuning setup, but i believe that this is probably most used setup i really dont know what is real compresion ratio, but i will go for measure that. Here comes the question what ratios have to be measured for best (safest) performance?
You are not going to measure compression ratio without taking off the head and filling everything with liquid.
Compression is not the same as compression ratio.

Seems like your head was skimmed/block decked and then standard headgasket was used.
Or you have really bad fuel.

In both cases dropping CR to 8.5:1 or at least 9.0:1 would have been beneficial.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: