Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ME7 - Are there any WOT coolant-temp enrichment maps?  (Read 1004 times)
stickymicky

« on: August 11, 2023, 05:32:07 AM »

I've done some searching in the Alfa FR and can't find anything. I found the afterstart enrichment table KFNSWRL 'weighting of afterstart enrichment' which seems to only affect idle/warmup period. It's all set to 1 from 0 celcius upwards anyway.

Thanks in advance!
stickymicky

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2023, 07:12:08 AM »

Just want to state as maybe wasn't clear. Lets say my water temp is at 70 degrees C because the rad is far too efficient, is it possible the mixture strength is richened up at WOT as oppose to normal operating temps 80-90.
prj

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2023, 09:38:16 AM »

Apart from KFLASWLR I don't think there is any, and that does not give you any enrichment on WOT, it's done for better combustion at very low loads and very cold temperatures.

The reason it does not exist is because it's stupid.
Why would you ever run a richer lambda target on cold engine at WOT?
Mixture enrichment is used for component protection and for suppression of knock. When the engine is cold both of those are less likely to be needed, so if anything the engine can run leaner, not richer.

Certainly injection correction is there to compensate for wall film effects, but this is a means to achieve the target. Changing the target is pointless.
You can find the temperature based injection correction in ESWL and ESUK modules for steady state and transients respectively.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2023, 09:42:42 AM by prj » Logged

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2023, 11:02:38 AM »

was going to mention wall wetting but prj captured the whole thing better than I could have summarized, as usual.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
stickymicky

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2023, 02:20:55 AM »

Thanks guys, appreciate the answer!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: