Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: XDF request 1.8t A4 2005 8E0909018A 0261208523  (Read 21489 times)
thelastleroy

« on: August 19, 2014, 04:36:48 PM »

Hello, I'm looking to find an XDF definition file for my car, or a working pair (xdf + stock BIN) to work with.

My goals include:

1) write out SAI (via MSLUB method)
2) some basic performance improvements later on.

Ideally I'd like some help at defining my own file, but a working example will probably be easiest to learn on. If anyone thinks it's a good idea, I'd be the goat for a "how-to define your file" thread.

Is there anybody out there?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 06:20:08 PM by thelastleroy » Logged
thelastleroy

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 07:13:27 PM »

Ok, so keeping with the theme of self-learning and searching, I've dug up some info.

MSLUB is apparently located at 0x182cf and is 8-bits.

How do I set this up in tunerpro? I've found an xdf that will (hopefully) work for my 1.8t file. The xdf has many tables defined, but not MSLUB.

I'm posting some screen shots of tunerpro with me trying to define MSLUB, along with my original file and the xdf I found. I just really don't know if I have this right, or complete.

anyone have a few minutes to help me through this?

Thanks
ddillenger

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 07:34:57 PM »

Thanks for trying. Here is your prize Smiley

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
thelastleroy

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 03:30:23 AM »

You are a Prince. Much obliged!
thelastleroy

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 12:49:23 PM »

Thanks for trying. Here is your prize Smiley

ddillenger: Setting all values in this MSLUB to "0" will tell the ECU to expect 0 airflow during SAI operation? Are the original values in this map volts?

Sorry for all the questions, I just want to understand what I'm fooling with.

Is this photo correct? Hit "execute", save file and re-flash to car?
ddillenger

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2014, 01:12:39 PM »

Axis is volts, map is kg/h. Setting the map to 0 tells the ecu that no flow is expected at any voltage, so when the ecu sees no flow it returns a pass. I suggest unplugging the pump with this mod.

Also, don't forget to update the checksums.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
thelastleroy

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2014, 01:59:31 PM »

That clears it up. The SAI pump is already out of the car, died after it filled up with condensation due to a faulty combination valve. I ended up removing all of the PCV and SAI gear, but I'm looking at re-installing the n249 valve and vacuum reservoir, apparently the bypass valve can be hard on the turbo if not controlled electonically (currently operated strictly from intake manifold vacuum)?

I've got an email in to MTX for the tunerpro plugin. Going to flash as soon as my checksums are fixed.

Thanks again for all the help.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2014, 02:11:22 PM »

That xdf you posted does not align with your stock file much if at all.

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
ddillenger

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2014, 02:44:07 PM »

It's my xdf for 518F and is not even close-lol. That's why I created a new one for MSLUB. Also, if you don't have the hardware plugged in (relay or solenoid) for sai, you will need ESKONF or resistors (ick).

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
thelastleroy

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2014, 03:17:23 PM »

Yikes. Well thats why im glad you guys are here. The SAI pump relay is still installed.

Is there a well known starting-point xdf available for my engine for performance?
thelastleroy

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2014, 07:08:41 PM »

Well, I've sent payment to MTX for the checksum plugin. Hopefully have it up and running tomorrow for my first modified file flash, cool!

After that's done, I want to start working on some small performance improvements. I've been searching the forum and google for an xdf for my ECU, but it's hard to find one. Anyone have this file in their bottom drawer? The engine is AMB and the trans is 6-speed manual, if it matters.

Cheers
thelastleroy

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2014, 05:10:53 PM »

Hey ddillenger,

I got the MTX plugin up and running to check the new MSLUB "0" file. When I save the file however, it says there are no checksums to correct. Perhaps MSLUB is not monitored for checksum error? Will flash tonight if I can confirm not dangerous!
ddillenger

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2014, 05:27:35 PM »

Save the file, then open it again. Have the changes been saved?

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
thelastleroy

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2014, 05:35:46 PM »

It's telling me that the stock bin file is not where it's supposed to be. I renamed a copy of my stock file according to MTX's instructions, and can confirm the original MSLUB values are on this "comparison" file in the C:/ directory. I'm going to drop MTX an email, but they're all asleep right now being an Italian company. Any Ideas?
thelastleroy

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2014, 06:44:03 PM »

Would anyone be able to run a checksum correction on my file? I'm not sure if it's just MSLUB or some other issue because (for now) I only have MSLUB defined on my XDF file. Maybe my original BIN is corrupted somehow? Here's the original file, and the new SAI delete file. After the trouble I had reading the file originally, I don't want any extra trouble due to flashing back a bad file! Embarrassed
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: