Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The EDC17 CATA 3.0 TDI Touareg Q7 Gen1 common rail 224hp n00b thread  (Read 1433 times)
meatwad

I used as many key terms as I could here in the title so others can find this

So I got this 2010 USA Q7 TDI and I wanna mess with it it.  I have been searching and searching until I'm literally gonna throw up and can't find answers on what hardware/software will work.  If you have info about this setup, PLEASE post whatever you know.  I can't find any forum or knowledge base or ANYBODY that will share anything.  I'm getting angry. I tried TDI forums and they are useless.

What (cheap) hardware and software can be used to read and write the 2010 edc17?

Here's what I know about 2010 CATA 3.0 tdi in the Touareg and Q7:

Bench flash only (probably) - applies to all gen1 before 2011 (I think)
TCU not cracked yet but Cayenne program can be flashed
Gen1 had aisin 6sp till 2011 and then aisin 8sp til gen2
Dieselgate "fix" ruined this car specifically with no torque allowed in 1st gear and garbage mileage
small turbo - 2056 but euro gen1 (CASA) got a 2260 that bolts right up [CHECK FOR AS/SYMETRICAL DOWNPIPE FLANGE] These can be found for 500 euro with billet wheels.
EGR tube to cooler falls apart and a new one is $1000 on it's 4th revision - 59131521k
MUCH easier access to CP4 fuel pump (front mount) compared to gen2 engine

With the weird stuff that goes wrong on these and the insane diesel inspections remaining in some states/counties and the ABSURD prices charged by tuners for basically nothing but a rail pressure increase, we need to open source this config, bruhs.  Just post ANYTHING.  We need info, sooty bros.
prj

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2023, 01:07:24 AM »

the ABSURD prices charged by tuners for basically nothing but a rail pressure increase
You mean a tuning box right?

Because doing a proper tune on these is not a rail pressure increase.

I am not sure why you are yelling so loudly, these have been tuned for a decade. Nothing special.
Defs and FR are public. Almost all tools can r/w them, many over OBD.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
_nameless

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2023, 05:20:56 AM »

I used as many key terms as I could here in the title so others can find this

So I got this 2010 USA Q7 TDI and I wanna mess with it it.  I have been searching and searching until I'm literally gonna throw up and can't find answers on what hardware/software will work.  If you have info about this setup, PLEASE post whatever you know.  I can't find any forum or knowledge base or ANYBODY that will share anything.  I'm getting angry. I tried TDI forums and they are useless.

What (cheap) hardware and software can be used to read and write the 2010 edc17?

Here's what I know about 2010 CATA 3.0 tdi in the Touareg and Q7:

Bench flash only (probably) - applies to all gen1 before 2011 (I think)
TCU not cracked yet but Cayenne program can be flashed
Gen1 had aisin 6sp till 2011 and then aisin 8sp til gen2
Dieselgate "fix" ruined this car specifically with no torque allowed in 1st gear and garbage mileage
small turbo - 2056 but euro gen1 (CASA) got a 2260 that bolts right up [CHECK FOR AS/SYMETRICAL DOWNPIPE FLANGE] These can be found for 500 euro with billet wheels.
EGR tube to cooler falls apart and a new one is $1000 on it's 4th revision - 59131521k
MUCH easier access to CP4 fuel pump (front mount) compared to gen2 engine

With the weird stuff that goes wrong on these and the insane diesel inspections remaining in some states/counties and the ABSURD prices charged by tuners for basically nothing but a rail pressure increase, we need to open source this config, bruhs.  Just post ANYTHING.  We need info, sooty bros.

Just did one 2 days ago, should be edc17cp24. It's no different then anything else it's age, boot, bench, port all support on this ECU.

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
meatwad

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2023, 09:10:43 AM »

Two replies and no mention of the hardware used to connect.  That is my question.  What are the options?
prj

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2023, 02:16:20 AM »

Two replies and no mention of the hardware used to connect.  That is my question.  What are the options?
Any flashtool. You need to check if ECU is K-Line, TP2.0 or UDS.
Likely PCMFlash module 50 will work if it's UDS, and that's by far the cheapest option, although not the best.

Otherwise any legit or china tool that can do MEDC17 bench mode.

If you are so bad at looking stuff up that you need to ask on this ECU, then it is highly unlikely you are going to get anywhere with the file...

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
meatwad

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2023, 03:35:28 PM »

Go be toxic someplace else.  Your seniority does not excuse your worthless attitude.
_nameless

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2023, 05:17:58 AM »

Your concept of tuning is terribly inaccurate.

Go be toxic someplace else.  Your seniority does not excuse your worthless attitude.
It's the truth, I've seen it 1000s of times here. Someone with big dreams and ZERO real life experience think they are going to step in and act like everyone owes them the world. Some guys have close to or over $50,000+ in software / tools and decades of experience, your questions are too generic for a simple answer and to be honest all the information you are looking for has been documented in one form or another. Prj tossed you a bone, you asked "what will work to read and write the ecu" and he told you. He also gave you a dose of reality and you replied like a dick. Humble up bud or you'll get iced out here, no one here owes you the time of day, picking fights with WELL WELL established members will not go good for you. Take it however you want

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: