Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: VCDS codes, Cluster Not working  (Read 1109 times)
jayyyteee

« on: April 05, 2024, 07:20:01 AM »

Did a 2.7 swap into a b6. cluster worked fine until I plugged in ECU, now I cannot get cluster to turn on and can't crank engine. also cannot find controllers in VCDS. I've tried everything and I do not want to tow my car to a shop to charge me $1k+. The cluster will flash lights when ignition is turned on but turn off right away. I had the Immo turned off and flashed to manual prior to installing into chassis.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2024, 09:12:24 AM by jayyyteee » Logged
_nameless

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2024, 08:18:55 AM »

Posed in the wrong section and not nearly enough info to advise

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
jayyyteee

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2024, 08:52:55 AM »

Posed in the wrong section and not nearly enough info to advise

Then what section would this go to? You can’t say something is wrong then not provide correct info (as if you would know what section it belongs to). That’s all the info there is regarding the issue. Not much more can be produced (unless you have ideas on what is needed regarding that as well)
prj

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2024, 08:55:39 AM »

If you unplug the ECU and cluster still does not work, then you have a wiring error and 12V somewhere where it should not have been.
The cluster inputs are not protected, if you plug something with reverse polarity you fry the cluster. In that case you need a new one.
Recommend fixing wiring fault before attaching the new one.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
jayyyteee

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2024, 09:01:17 AM »

If you unplug the ECU and cluster still does not work, then you have a wiring error and 12V somewhere where it should not have been.
The cluster inputs are not protected, if you plug something with reverse polarity you fry the cluster. In that case you need a new one.
Recommend fixing wiring fault before attaching the new one.

Thank you for the reply.

If I go ahead and install new cluster (after fixing wiring) and it still does not work what would that mean?
prj

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2024, 09:10:17 AM »

Thank you for the reply.

If I go ahead and install new cluster (after fixing wiring) and it still does not work what would that mean?

It means that you did not fix the wiring and fried the new cluster too.
Suggest plugging in ECU first then measuring all the voltages on the cluster plug according to the wiring diagram before plugging in cluster.

Log your car properly.
jayyyteee

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2024, 09:34:35 AM »

It means that you did not fix the wiring and fried the new cluster too.
Suggest plugging in ECU first then measuring all the voltages on the cluster plug according to the wiring diagram before plugging in cluster.

Thanks again for reply.

I’m not knowledgeable regarding electric current etc. so apologies if this is a stupid question;

Would not having things grounded properly cause this? I did fix a couple grounds after this issue occurred but if the cluster is fried like you said it would make sense why it still isn’t working after fixing them.
prj

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2024, 10:21:55 AM »

Thanks again for reply.

I’m not knowledgeable regarding electric current etc. so apologies if this is a stupid question;

Would not having things grounded properly cause this? I did fix a couple grounds after this issue occurred but if the cluster is fried like you said it would make sense why it still isn’t working after fixing them.

For the final time. If you unplug the ECU, does the cluster come back to life?
If not, it's dead.

If you're "not knowledgeable regarding electric current" then stop posting and bring your car to someone who is, then pay them to fix it.
Nothing anyone is going to say on this forum is going to fix your car, because this is not a forum job, you need to troubleshoot the circuit according to wiring diagram. This is not done remotely, it's done with your fingers and your brain.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2024, 10:23:55 AM by prj » Logged

Log your car properly.
jayyyteee

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2024, 11:01:44 AM »

For the final time. If you unplug the ECU, does the cluster come back to life?
If not, it's dead.

If you're "not knowledgeable regarding electric current" then stop posting and bring your car to someone who is, then pay them to fix it.
Nothing anyone is going to say on this forum is going to fix your car, because this is not a forum job, you need to troubleshoot the circuit according to wiring diagram. This is not done remotely, it's done with your fingers and your brain.

Ok faggot that doesn’t even answer my question but keep being a fuckkng smart ass. You clearly have no life and just sit on a fucking forum all day. One doesnt just wake the fuck up with knowledge, they learn by asking questions, so fuck you and have a nice day. thanks for the info you provided though.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2024, 11:06:44 AM by jayyyteee » Logged
prj

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2024, 01:53:30 PM »

Ok faggot that doesn’t even answer my question but keep being a fuckkng smart ass. You clearly have no life and just sit on a fucking forum all day. One doesnt just wake the fuck up with knowledge, they learn by asking questions, so fuck you and have a nice day. thanks for the info you provided though.

There's no point to teach you anything, you're clearly incapable of learning Smiley

Log your car properly.
_nameless

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2024, 03:16:31 PM »

Then what section would this go to? You can’t say something is wrong then not provide correct info (as if you would know what section it belongs to). That’s all the info there is regarding the issue. Not much more can be produced (unless you have ideas on what is needed regarding that as well)
First of all asshole, it would go in this section http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?board=25.0

Bout as stupid as they come, really. Come here spouting out shit like have half of a fucking clue, but you don't. Obviously you fucked up the wiring and fried your shit.
Fucking clown.

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
jayyyteee

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2024, 07:45:22 PM »

First of all asshole, it would go in this section http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?board=25.0

Bout as stupid as they come, really. Come here spouting out shit like have half of a fucking clue, but you don't. Obviously you fucked up the wiring and fried your shit.
Fucking clown.

Zzzz

Guaranteed you’re a mid 30/40 year old loser who never did shit with his life (and never will),
, that’s why you’re on this site everyday. Lmao. The only clown here is you bud.

Your website: https://instatune.sellfy.store/ literally looks like a fucking 12 year old made it. Hahaahhaha
« Last Edit: April 05, 2024, 07:49:30 PM by jayyyteee » Logged
jayyyteee

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2024, 07:46:00 PM »

There's no point to teach you anything, you're clearly incapable of learning Smiley

Hey nice comeback man, really got me there..
_nameless

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2024, 01:09:44 AM »

Zzzz

Guaranteed you’re a mid 30/40 year old loser who never did shit with his life (and never will),
, that’s why you’re on this site everyday. Lmao. The only clown here is you bud.

Your website: https://instatune.sellfy.store/ literally looks like a fucking 12 year old made it. Hahaahhaha
Yawn, that all you got? Funny my "shitty site" makes more in a week than you do in a month so it's whatever to me. I guess if you call a being the owner of a international tuning firm with 116 dealers is "doing nothing with their life".... Sure, ok sounds legit. All this coming from a loser who can't figure out simple wiring or follow a fucking form writeup. Yep, you got me. And I'm the loser? Right...
  https://ugt-performance.file-service.com/

jayyyteee

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2024, 03:52:06 AM »

Yawn, that all you got? Funny my "shitty site" makes more in a week than you do in a month so it's whatever to me. I guess if you call a being the owner of a international tuning firm with 116 dealers is "doing nothing with their life".... Sure, ok sounds legit. All this coming from a loser who can't figure out simple wiring or follow a fucking form writeup. Yep, you got me. And I'm the loser? Right...
  https://ugt-performance.file-service.com/

Another delusional retard projecting his “successes” on a forum that can’t even keep a proper ssl.

Why did you send me a link to another shit website? No one is buying shit from any of those websites. Stop replying to me on this forum and go update your site so you can actually make money bozo
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: