Pages: [1]
Author Topic: RS3 question  (Read 8009 times)
SAgti

« on: June 21, 2014, 05:18:34 PM »

Hi guys

I have an almost new Audi RS3  Grin  Grin  and have discovered some interesting things about this engine. My first surprise was that the car does not run a MAf and uses only one oxygen sensor.

I want to do a custom exhaust for the car with no cats. My previous cars had pre and post cat sensors. My question is how would the ECU  realize the cats are gone? From my understanding they used to use the post CAT sensor for checking ng the Cat?

I know the oxygen sensor is close to the turbo after the main cat. I know I can remove the secondary cats without causing any ecu problems.

There seems to be not much info about tuning the RS3 or TTRS available. It is using ME9.1.

Main reason for doing this is for a few extra horses and unleash some more of the 5 pot sound track! Future plan is a remap. I have Bdm and Mpps.
yosh

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 05:23:31 AM »

LOL! Go check exhaust system again
SAgti

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2014, 01:51:43 PM »

Dont follow what you mean? car does not have second O2 sensor if thats what you mean.
Rick

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 10:26:53 AM »

Your clone tools won't work on this ECU.

It is very different to MED9 in 2 litre.  It's an expensive car, get it done by someone with expensive tools.
SAgti

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 01:04:13 AM »

Yeah, thanks for the advice, I agree with you about the mpps clone. But I have used the bdm quite a few times with 100% success, always making backups before anything else. Not on this ecu though. Whats you guys thoughts on that?

I would like to try and get a spare ecu as well to save complete heartache!
TCSTigersClaw

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2014, 01:59:37 AM »

RS3 with no MAF and one lambda ?
If you really don`t see a MAF and you have only one Lambda then the car is modified.

Also yes this MED9 is tricky even for some original tools

EDIT: regarding the Cats  , do some ME7.5 reading , you can find very useful info here. If you can do backups via BDM , try to decat it like the ME7.5
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 02:01:51 AM by TCSTigersClaw » Logged

VAG cars newbie tuner Smiley
IamwhoIam

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2014, 02:50:19 AM »

TCSTigersClaw: maybe taking a look at an actual RS3/TTRS would help. Just so it's clear: the 2.5 TFSI has NO MAF. As for the lambda, it does have 2.

I have no logs because I have a boost gauge (makes things easier)
TCSTigersClaw

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2014, 05:14:16 AM »

TCSTigersClaw: maybe taking a look at an actual RS3/TTRS would help. Just so it's clear: the 2.5 TFSI has NO MAF. As for the lambda, it does have 2.

Apologies I had TTS in mind ,I forgot RS3 has the 2.5 5cylinder . Sorry Smiley

VAG cars newbie tuner Smiley
RaraK

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2014, 05:50:15 PM »

AFAIK clone "bdm100" will not do this ecu(checksum at least).

This is not for casual tuners, please go see a professional, it is very easy to destroy this motor if you do not know what you are doing.  It is far more advanced than tuning the med9 found in the 2.0tfsi's in comparison.  I dont even know how you can attempt to do this without proper FDEF and a2l to be honest......
SAgti

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2014, 11:48:31 PM »

Ok guys, I am taking your advice, I will not attempt the ecu tuning!!  I love my car! Its pretty quick standard. I like the idea of being able to tune myself but these new ecus are just too time consuming to learn properly, I guess thats why there are pros that do this!

I still want to do the exaust system since I can do that myself....

With your guys info I have established the car does in fact have the second O2. Where I got my info was WRONG.... Thanks.

I have heard that it's most cases on the Ttrs and RS3 the spacer trick is successful. Obviously this would just be for before getting a tune done that eliminates them.

For sure there is no problem taking the secondary cats out as they are not monitored anyway.

Is there anyone on here that is capable of tuning this car. Obviously I am willing to pay, as long as there is a reputation of success.

Thanks for your time guys.
Rick

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2014, 04:26:02 AM »

What country are you in?

I  tune them if in the UK.  On a dyno, with proper equipment.

Rick
SAgti

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2014, 10:36:16 AM »

I'm in South Africa.
yosh

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2014, 10:38:00 AM »

Ok guys, I am taking your advice, I will not attempt the ecu tuning!!  I love my car! Its pretty quick standard. I like the idea of being able to tune myself but these new ecus are just too time consuming to learn properly, I guess thats why there are pros that do this!

I still want to do the exaust system since I can do that myself....

With your guys info I have established the car does in fact have the second O2. Where I got my info was WRONG.... Thanks.

I have heard that it's most cases on the Ttrs and RS3 the spacer trick is successful. Obviously this would just be for before getting a tune done that eliminates them.

For sure there is no problem taking the secondary cats out as they are not monitored anyway.

Is there anyone on here that is capable of tuning this car. Obviously I am willing to pay, as long as there is a reputation of success.

Thanks for your time guys.

Glad you found the rest of the O2s...Hit me up; where in SA are you?
SAgti

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2014, 05:47:37 PM »

I am in Northcliff, Johannesburg.

Can someone here suggest where I can get an ecu from? Pros are even recomending a second ecu, due to the new vas system connecting to Germany at the  stealership and automatically does a software check and raises a red flag
yosh

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2014, 11:22:12 PM »

Ah ok...Most of the guys are buying in from europe as there are hardly any scrapped RS3 locally man...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: