Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: A4 B6 1.8tq k04 tune  (Read 19064 times)
smirnoffandcoke

« on: June 21, 2017, 02:01:31 AM »

Sup all,
Chasing advice and info about changing/flashing another tune on my ecu.

The car: 2002 a4 b6 quattro (AVJ 150hp model)

Current mods:
-3 inch decat, followed by 2.5 exhaust
-K04-015 turbo (recently replaced the stock K03S)
-R8 coil packs
-Stg 2 clutch
-upgraded diverter valve, TIP, crank breather
-Running SSP stg 2 tune for stock injectors and turbo, spiking at 22psi.
This ecu is out of a similar American AMB 02 a4 b6 and works because the immo, SAI pump and 02 sensors are deleted. I only get 1 engine light for the evap pump (because my euro model didnt come out with one)

I have been running my k04 with a manual boost controller (set to limit boost) and the n75 valve.
This did not work well so ive just ditch the controller and used the n75.

Now the boost surges and i hit 1.5 bar on 3/4 throttle  Shocked 

My plan was to use the k04 with the 440cc injectors I have (which is fairly common apparently) I have been trying to get a tune locally and various tuning companies overseas like Motoza without any luck. No foreign companies are interested. I will mention the one local tuning business that said they could do it for $1400.

My questions:
-Can I edit the tuned ecu myself so I can use my 42lb injectors and K04 turbo? (Im completely new to ecu flashing)
-If it isnt possible to edit, where can I get/buy this special tune file to flash on my ecu?

Anyone with a Audi B6 1.8t K04 tune that could add to this? Any help would be greatly appreciated cheers  Smiley

_nameless

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 02:23:56 AM »

Sup all,
Chasing advice and info about changing/flashing another tune on my ecu.

The car: 2002 a4 b6 quattro (AVJ 150hp model)

Current mods:
-3 inch decat, followed by 2.5 exhaust
-K04-015 turbo (recently replaced the stock K03S)
-R8 coil packs
-Stg 2 clutch
-upgraded diverter valve, TIP, crank breather
-Running SSP stg 2 tune for stock injectors and turbo, spiking at 22psi.
This ecu is out of a similar American AMB 02 a4 b6 and works because the immo, SAI pump and 02 sensors are deleted. I only get 1 engine light for the evap pump (because my euro model didnt come out with one)

I have been running my k04 with a manual boost controller (set to limit boost) and the n75 valve.
This did not work well so ive just ditch the controller and used the n75.

Now the boost surges and i hit 1.5 bar on 3/4 throttle  Shocked 

My plan was to use the k04 with the 440cc injectors I have (which is fairly common apparently) I have been trying to get a tune locally and various tuning companies overseas like Motoza without any luck. No foreign companies are interested. I will mention the one local tuning business that said they could do it for $1400.

My questions:
-Can I edit the tuned ecu myself so I can use my 42lb injectors and K04 turbo? (Im completely new to ecu flashing)
-If it isnt possible to edit, where can I get/buy this special tune file to flash on my ecu?

Anyone with a Audi B6 1.8t K04 tune that could add to this? Any help would be greatly appreciated cheers  Smiley

Youd be beyter off making a new file anything more then 1 bar to redline and the cars out of fuel on stock injectors or at least leaning and not making request. Tuning off evap is a simple bit switch.

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
smirnoffandcoke

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 04:28:36 AM »

Youd be beyter off making a new file anything more then 1 bar to redline and the cars out of fuel on stock injectors or at least leaning and not making request. Tuning off evap is a simple bit switch.

Thanks, yeah I am definitely running lean so im just staying out of boost as much as i can. Im currently reading various how-to guides but I doubt ill be able to simply make a new file.
_nameless

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 06:10:58 AM »

Its really not as hard as youd expect. Tooners want you to think its hard to make a proper file because 8t makes tjem worth somthing but in reality youll find that they dont know much. 8ts like 10-12 maps youd need to adjust for a OK file for your setup not including  emissions maps

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Carsinc

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 07:42:18 AM »

Well let be helpful aswell, you sir are in luck there is a thread on this forum about tuning your car.
In that thread there will be a base file and alot of modified files most of those will be very close to
what you have now, there is also complete instructions and mappacks in that thread. Literally all of
the hard work has been done by those that came before you and shared for free out of the kindness
of their hearts (Except PRJ) he shares because he likes to prove he is the best (which he is). Grin
smirnoffandcoke

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 05:46:25 PM »

Well let be helpful aswell, you sir are in luck there is a thread on this forum about tuning your car.
In that thread there will be a base file and alot of modified files most of those will be very close to
what you have now, there is also complete instructions and mappacks in that thread. Literally all of
the hard work has been done by those that came before you and shared for free out of the kindness
of their hearts (Except PRJ) he shares because he likes to prove he is the best (which he is). Grin

I've been looking for this thread you speak of. So far I've found this:

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=5621.0

It is for 440cc Bosch injectors like mine but for the stock turbo. No idea if this will work on my car. I will probably need to edit it so I can delete the evap pump and change the compressor map. Does anyone know if I can flash this and use it on my 5sp manual Quattro B6? I have the ecu soft coding on my donor AMB 6 speed ecu changed to suit my car and it works fine. The ecu I have is also 'AK'
aef

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2017, 11:23:57 PM »

Spend more time looking for threads, try to use google because boardsearch is crap
Code:
site:nefariousmotorsports.com 8E0909518AK

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?board=55.0
Carsinc

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2017, 12:15:59 PM »

Man when we have to give them links, i almost feel we should just write the tune.

smirnoffandcoke

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2017, 12:26:39 PM »

Grin links save lives, thanks
smirnoffandcoke

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2017, 05:45:19 AM »

Any opinion on buying this and flashing it?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/02-05-Audi-A4-B6-1-8T-8E0909518AK-K04-Stage-3-ECU-Tune-95HP-NO-CAT-NO-IMMO/122552162600?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Or i could use nefmoto flasher to put the stg1 tune (made by Blkserialkilla) on. Other than the fact this tune is for the stock k03S, is there any reason why it wont work just choosing it in the flashing tab and selecting 800bb memory layout? It cant possibly make the car run more lean than it already is.

spacey3

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2017, 05:50:34 AM »

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/02-05-Audi-A4-B6-1-8T-8E0909518AK-K04-Stage-3-ECU-Tune-95HP-NO-CAT-NO-IMMO/122552162600?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Or i could use nefmoto flasher to put the stg1 tune (made by Blkserialkilla) on. Other than the fact this tune is for the stock k03S, is there any reason why it wont work just choosing it in the flashing tab and selecting 800bb memory layout? It cant possibly make the car run more lean than it already is.

Just do some in depth reading and get a good understanding of everything in the Wiki... It's not an overnight thing, but at least then you won't have a melted engine (unless you cock it up by rushing into it without an understanding) and you'll make decent power.

The k04-015 btw is barely larger than the k03s, I would think you'd be just fine on the k03s tune boost wise. Injectors only need a few things changing... All of which is in the Wiki.
KasperH

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2017, 06:13:41 AM »

Do whatever you like man, it's your car so it's your decision.
But if you don't want to put in the time to learn to do it yourself.
Then pay a local tuner, and let him make a proper tune for it.
But I strongly advise against a eBay tune.
_nameless

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2017, 07:01:31 AM »

WAT HE SIAD. ^^ THIS ISNT THAT HARD AND YOU HAVE A GOOD COMMUNITY SUPPORT AND A FEW GOOD THREADS TO START WITH. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Id be happy to help

smirnoffandcoke

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2017, 07:10:57 AM »

Do whatever you like man, it's your car so it's your decision.
But if you don't want to put in the time to learn to do it yourself.
Then pay a local tuner, and let him make a proper tune for it.
But I strongly advise against a eBay tune.

Alright thanks ebay tune is no good. I only looked at it as i have few (essentially no) local options.
Cheapest tune i am aware of is $750 and thats not local (other side of Aus). As for trying to edit a tune
myself and getting it to work perfect... Id have more chance of landing a triple back-flip. Haven't given up
though. I have been reading the s4 tuning wiki and this:

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=6955.0title=

I have been looking at different xdf and ecu.bin files on tunerpro and trying to follow
the community 1.8t project. No idea when i will actually understand what im doing.

Blkserialkillers tune for 440cc injectors looks promising if i can figure out how to edit the
boost. K03S and K04 are similar but still i get way too much boost after swapping
them. The attached file is the tune im referring to. Should i use this as a start or read the
ecu tune im currently running and use it?

_nameless

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2017, 09:22:19 AM »

Krkte and tvub maps to get injectors scaled. Use block 32 to dial them in on vcds. Dialed in by adjusting krkte value +/- based off adaption. Use good brand injectors and be sure to put the voltage times into tvub that came with the injectors. Injectors dont have the same dead times between sizes or brands sobe sure youre using the right ones . Start with the group-in 518ak, read what changes are made and try to u derstand why

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: