Pages: [1]
Author Topic: XDF file request for Audi TT 1.8T 225HP 8N0906018AN 512kb  (Read 4852 times)
ANDY3208

« on: June 25, 2015, 05:10:21 PM »

Haven't been able to find an xdf file for this box.  I would greatly appreciate any help tracking one down. 

Unfortunately the ecu that came with the TT had a fancy giac chip and encryption board installed, so I was unable to just read a stock file.  Instead, I forced boot mode and read the file using the generic me7x option on MPPS.  I will include an original file of the box that I found from a different post.  If needed I can also include the giac file if relevant. 

Many thanks!

ANDY3208

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 10:14:50 AM »

So I have been finding maps using a fully defined 8N0906018F ols file but have a couple questions about the whole process. 

First, Am I correct to believe that each map I am attempting to find could technically have different offsets?  I find that some addresses match exactly to the defined file where others are in different positions.  I realize this could be an obvious but the inconsistency leads me into thinking I am incorrectly defining maps

Second, is there a better method to finding smaller maps?  I've been taking larger chunks and comparing them while taking note of where they lie between other more certain defined maps.  At the moment I am struggling with finding a more certain location for various prokon addresses like cdkat, cdhsh, etc.

I appreciate the guidance.
ANDY3208

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 11:09:19 AM »

Any ideas to why I am unable to write a modified file to the ecm using mpps in boot mode or regular mode.

I have tried selecting the TT in the menu selection and writing but the error "general reject" appears around 8%.  When in boot mode it does not give a valid error name. 

It erases the ecm just fine haha.  When not using the generic flash through boot mode I am able to rewrite the original file with success. 

Thanks!
vwaudiguy

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2015, 11:15:33 AM »

Your're correct in thinking that similar maps will have the same basic structure, axis (mostly), but possibly have different offsets. I'm going to assume the encryption board is still installed? If you want to write back to the ecu, you need to replace that board with a standard IC.

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
ANDY3208

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2015, 11:35:59 AM »

Yes the encryption board is still installed.  I assumed that was the problem but wanted to verify as it confused me that it would even allow the original flash to be written back to it.  I wanted to at least try to salvage the giac chip as I did not want to spend more just to get a computer for me to start altering the maps. 

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: