Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NA -> Boost Guide  (Read 2571 times)
ejg3855

« on: November 20, 2020, 02:20:38 PM »

I miss my aan and have a desire for another 5cyl turbo, I got to thinking about an 07k.

I can handle all the mechanics of this swap, I just want to retain a OEM ecu solution.

Is there any basic reading on how to run boost on a NA ecu? Sure there are expensive options out there (ttrs engines).

I am searching but coming up blank. I've done a few ME7.5 and 7.1.1 cars but they already had the maps so it was fairly straight forward.

TIA guys!
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2020, 02:22:45 PM »

No. Standalone or get an ECU that is native FI

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Blazius

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2020, 06:34:08 PM »

Done it, tldr will never run as good as native turbo ecu. Standalone or assembly , adding turbo control to stock bin, tons of work, could maybe message prj idk

get an ECU that is native FI

Not possible on this AFAIK, 07k is an mpi me7.1.1 for early versions , me17 later . TTRS obviously isnt. I am sad this engine didnt come to Europe... its a nice 5 cylinder base swap.

Where you from OP?
ejg3855

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2020, 08:53:35 AM »

No. Standalone or get an ECU that is native FI

yea makes OBD compliance harder.

From regions of NY not associated with the city.
_nameless

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2020, 11:51:49 AM »

FWIW ive done a few and its not all that much different then vrt builds. Op, i looked threw your previous posts and i can say i dont think this is something youd want to attempt on your own. From what post ive seen i just dont think you have enough experience to pull it off. Too much financial gain to be had for really any open talk from anyone who knows how. what i will say is you can find your load caps to scale irl correctly or underscale the maf to make enough overhead for boost. look thew some vr6 turbo threads and look at some of the info i posted in those threads it should help you out. good luck

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: