Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Any downside to large injectors on an engine that doesn't need them?  (Read 5693 times)
oldcarguy85

Hi all,
So i want to buy some injectors for my AWW 1.8t.  I'll be installing a K04-001 ebay knock-off in the next month as a temporary solution until i can afford to do rods and get a larger turbo.  I want to grab some injectors, but would hate to buy them twice.  Is there any downside to getting, say, a 650cc injector?  I assume, as long as they aren't HUGE, i shouldn't have any issues and the idle should be fine, right?

Next question -- this car is cheap and not worth a whole lot these days, so it's hard to really sink crazy money into it.  Are the injectors all over eBay any good?  most are EV1, which i think would require an adapter right?  Am i correct in saying the EV1 flow pattern is not as "efficient" as the EV6?

Thanks for any help (and sorry if any of these questions are dumb)

-Jordan
ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 03:00:24 PM »

Get some 60lb ev14s, they'll be fine even on a stock car. Properly tuned, there is no detriment.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
userpike

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 03:08:57 PM »

I am using these. http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/SiteSearch/550cc_Injector/ES1899400/

I am glad I bought them.
johnny5

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 04:05:27 AM »

If you like to go K04. from ebay, try GodSpeed has some pretty good hardware for good cost. Myself I am a firm believer in get what you pay for. I myself have turned towards these guys and want something more tailored to my liking: http://www.atpturbo.com/

userpike link to ecs is spot on, including the adaptors aswell that is a good price. ECS is well known for being competive with theirs prices and the hardware is always first line good quality. I actually use ECS site regularly to cross reference part numbers, awesome site and staff.
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 04:35:25 AM »

Hi all,
So i want to buy some injectors for my AWW 1.8t.  I'll be installing a K04-001 ebay knock-off in the next month as a temporary solution until i can afford to do rods and get a larger turbo.  I want to grab some injectors, but would hate to buy them twice.  Is there any downside to getting, say, a 650cc injector?  I assume, as long as they aren't HUGE, i shouldn't have any issues and the idle should be fine, right?

Next question -- this car is cheap and not worth a whole lot these days, so it's hard to really sink crazy money into it.  Are the injectors all over eBay any good?  most are EV1, which i think would require an adapter right?  Am i correct in saying the EV1 flow pattern is not as "efficient" as the EV6?

Thanks for any help (and sorry if any of these questions are dumb)

-Jordan

turbo size doesnt affect on idle
ddilenger, how to properly tune it? i cant find TVUB for these injectors..
oldcarguy85

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 04:42:51 AM »

turbo size doesnt affect on idle
ddilenger, how to properly tune it? i cant find TVUB for these injectors..
I was referring to a very large injector affecting idle.
ddillenger

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2014, 09:51:49 AM »

You can have a stock idle even on ID1000's.

As for TVUB, use the latency's provided with the 550's julex posted. They're good.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
Snow Trooper

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2014, 10:45:53 AM »

If you like to go K04. from ebay, try GodSpeed has some pretty good hardware for good cost. Myself I am a firm believer in get what you pay for. I myself have turned towards these guys and want something more tailored to my liking: http://www.atpturbo.com/

userpike link to ecs is spot on, including the adaptors aswell that is a good price. ECS is well known for being competive with theirs prices and the hardware is always first line good quality. I actually use ECS site regularly to cross reference part numbers, awesome site and staff.

both godspeed and atp are literally some of the worst/cheapest chinese crap companies in the industry.  half the time you dont even get what they claim a part is.  shop somewhere else.

cartoons?
6A 61 72 65 64 40 76 6C 6D 73 70 65 63
oldcarguy85

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2014, 10:49:13 AM »

Thanks for the help everyone. I ended up getting a used set of bosch 550s with adapters for 100 bucks.

Also, the turbo was already purchased from eBay when I posted this. It's actually a decent looking piece. I'll let everyone know how it goes once installed
adam-

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2014, 11:10:31 AM »

both godspeed and atp are literally some of the worst/cheapest chinese crap companies in the industry.  half the time you dont even get what they claim a part is.  shop somewhere else.

Hey!  I'm so happy with the lack of fitment that my 3" turbo back exhaust has.  It even comes too short, perfect!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: