Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tuning for 91-94-110 octanes  (Read 5696 times)
dorchi

« on: February 18, 2014, 08:39:07 PM »

Looking to get into tuning my car. Have looked into it a fair bit and tuned my buddys e36 m3 with msq, that being said i am NO expert by any means, but looking for tips for the s4. I read the wiki links on tuning its very helpful. but I'm looking to just teak my current custom vast tune.
Car is rs6-r turbos full stage 3 running meth.
Car made 481awhp/awtq
Stock block and head

-Car is currently tuned on 94. Just looking to be able to tune for fuel.
Say i'm looking to go on a road trip and tune for 91. as there isn't 94 everywhere.
or vice versa and want to run 110 octane fuel for a couple tanks or dyno runs.

What programs are best: tunerpro etc- which programs can be used on a mac??
and tips do you guys have to offer. I am a complete noob with the audi tuning scene so take it easy on me .

Thanks, any insight is awesome
stuklr

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 08:07:17 AM »

First, you need to see if you even read off and see your Vast tune. I am not sure if they protected the tunes they sold. I would assume so. If you cannot read it then you won't be able to modify it and its a moot point. Look in the wiki above for how to read your file with nefmoto and the correct cable. If It cannot be read, the you could try lemmi to add some timing.

One other quick thing...At those dyno numbers, I don't think higher octane and more power is a good idea on stock bottom end. Just a thought.
userpike

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 11:02:45 AM »

I read in another thread that Vast used APR's encryption or something. You will be able to read it off but you won't be able to modify it.
dorchi

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 03:04:15 PM »

thanks for the good input,
You can definitely modify the tune. I was working with the original owner, and he would make a base tune send it to vast, they would take a look, make some minor adjustments and he would continue on back and forth 3-4 times. I had heard they are encrypted also, so i was trying to get a feel what could be used. I forget what he used. uniinstaller with something i think.. Cant totally remember.

Add or remove timing with vice versa fuel are my basic steps correct in hoping around in octanes?

Yeah I'm not really looking to run more power on the stock internals, was justing thinking if i have to run 91 or if i can mix 110 octane
but that being said i don't think its safe to mix to two different fuels.

ddillenger

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 03:07:58 PM »

Just because VAST could modify it doesn't mean you can. Just attempting a read might corrupt the eeprom, so beware.

Also, please do not post the file on this site.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
dorchi

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 05:45:52 PM »

Alright i will try to open and adjust and let ya know if it works.
Ill download nefmoto now
adam-

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2014, 02:36:14 AM »

Don't just adjust, you need to correct checksums too!
dorchi

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2014, 08:20:26 AM »

Alright ill look into that also. thanks
Snow Trooper

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2014, 09:59:04 AM »

Before you read it, get me7 logger running and get good data on the car.  Then start from scratch and reverse engineer the tune if you like how it runs currently.  If you don't like it just start from scratch.  There are about 50 maps between a stock file and the average stage 3, its pretty easy.  Then you have full control of your file, know for sure what is going on and don't have to deal with their non standard file.

cartoons?
6A 61 72 65 64 40 76 6C 6D 73 70 65 63
dorchi

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2014, 11:14:01 AM »

Got some really good logs/data on the car with Vagcom. i might just work through the tune backwards as im having a misfire issue at idle that i think i have narrowed down to tune.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: