Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tuning with AWE maf housing  (Read 6141 times)
Divune

« on: August 02, 2014, 04:20:38 PM »

Hey all, im getting ready to install some 730cc ev14s onto my current AWE stage 3 setup. I'm only planning on swapping injectors, and hopefully can get the car running decent with the AWE maf. Has anyone had success tuning with this, or should i skip it and get an 85mm?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 04:26:37 PM by killerkali » Logged
ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 04:26:58 PM »

Hey all, im getting ready to install some 730cc ev14s onto my current AWE stage 3 setup. I'm only planning on swapping injectors, and hopefully can get the car running decent with the AWE maf. I've already searched a ton and didnt find much info on the AWE housing, how should i go about scaling for it If im modifying a stage 3 base tune? I know its a stepped design, whats the proper method here?

Throw it in the trash. That MAF was meant to be hugely underscaled, and I've only gotten a handful to behave properly. The scaling is not linear as the change in diameter does weird things to the velocity.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
Divune

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 07:42:13 PM »

I think the fact that I am learning to tune means ill just sell the whole kit, I've heard of too much trouble now! ..... A simple 85mm will be plenty for a k04 car on e85, am I right? Only going to run 20 max on E
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2014, 11:16:25 PM »

You can do 85mm or RS4 intake. Both will support what you are looking for power wise.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Divune

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 05:48:38 PM »

Alright, thanks guys. Im going with a 85mm to stock airbox. While i have this thread open, ill ask. Im modifying a current tune setup for 440cc green giants, I'm installing the MAF along with Bosch EV14 730cc. 0280158298. Following the tuning wiki, the only values it seems I can change for first start are KRKTE & KVB (used me7 wizard). Is there anything else i should be adjusting first to setup the ev's, i know they are very different?
ddillenger

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014, 05:54:56 PM »

TVUB, KRKTE (and I guess KVB for consumption, but that is irrelevant).

After that, time for FKKVS, or if you are on a stock MAP, KFLF and FKKVS when you hit the ps_w cap.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2014, 07:51:58 PM »

MLHFM KFKHFM

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Divune

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2014, 05:27:02 PM »

Great, thank you all for the info. Now for the MAF , I found a good deal on the 85mm C&L mustang housing, and I was planning on doing something similar to this thread http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/472948-Ebay-MAF-and-silicone-couplers-installed-on-stock-air-box.

That MAF housing has a 4" inlet as seen, and to the y pipe its 3.5". I'm assuming that means its tapered inside as well, so will that be a major issue for tuning? I don't want to get rid of the AWE one and then buy another that will cause the same issues(both tapered)! I'm being cheap, otherwise I would pick up a new straight 85mm housing.
ddillenger

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2014, 05:42:49 PM »

Buy a straight through MAF.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
stuklr

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2014, 05:06:37 PM »

I use one of the C&L housings. The are straight through internally. The inlet is 4" because that flange is thicker and bellmouthed. The outlet matches the smooth inner diameter. It is nice and linear throughout the reading range and you can get very good fuel trims after some scaling. Only issue is the big mass of aluminum and heat soak during prolonged idling. The heat from the housing will throw off the maf calculations a little if you idle in traffic on a hot day. Side effect of a hot wire maf in a big metal heat sink.

Great, thank you all for the info. Now for the MAF , I found a good deal on the 85mm C&L mustang housing, and I was planning on doing something similar to this thread http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/472948-Ebay-MAF-and-silicone-couplers-installed-on-stock-air-box.

That MAF housing has a 4" inlet as seen, and to the y pipe its 3.5". I'm assuming that means its tapered inside as well, so will that be a major issue for tuning? I don't want to get rid of the AWE one and then buy another that will cause the same issues(both tapered)! I'm being cheap, otherwise I would pick up a new straight 85mm housing.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: