Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ME7.5 DTC Removal. AUQ in MK1 GOLF  (Read 7108 times)
Westwood Developments

« on: January 26, 2016, 11:30:23 AM »

Hi

I have installed a AUQ 1.8T into Golf Mk1 using the new loom and ecu from the donor car.

Ecu is a 06A906032HN.

I have coded out SAI,N80,N112 and rear o2 (i hope!) Smiley

I have removed and resitstored the N249 valve but what would be the 'proper' method for doing this?

Also i currently have the P1649 - missing message from ABS controller
and the P1523 - crash signal from airbag controller. Sad Obviously these two items are not fitted into the current vehicle.

I have read multiple threads regarding coding theys out but have conflicting info about identifying the CW_CAN_R address in a ME7.5 and if this is even the best method.

As these do not give a light on the cluster i wouldnt normally be fussed however the storing of these codes is preventing me from performing functions such as throttle adaptation.. is there a way around this?

If not could anyone identify the CW_CAN_R address in my attached ECU dump?? and maybe point me in the direction of a reliable source of how to go about this procedure.

thanks as always.

GOLF MK1 1.8T 20v AUQ
FMIC            Induction Kit
Forge DV       Forge TIP
2.5"  Turbo Back Exhaust
Stage 2 Map
N249\N112\SAI\Rear o2 Deleted
Anti Lag Launch\No Lift Shift
flamy

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 04:10:44 AM »

I have removed and resitstored the N249 valve but what would be the 'proper' method for doing this?
Disable output stage via ESKONF.
But why should someone remove N249?!
adam-

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 04:46:45 AM »

Because people don't fully understand what it does.  But in a MK1 Golf where you're limited to space, running vacuum lines for a turbo that you won't see its end of life, it doesn't matter.

Loads of people do it in the 1.8t world because of that "Ultimate N249, N112, SAI Delete thread".  It's one of the first things I did to mine.  Didn't know why, but it was well written and the internet told me to.  I now understand what the valve does, but it still doesn't bother me, I never fitted it again.

Turbo life isn't a concern of mine, I'll have replaced/sold the car well before then.

turboat

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 07:12:49 AM »

I can see the value of deleting the evap stuff, but the N249 just helps it run more smoothly.

Interested in the ABS and crash signal errors thou, post up if you sort them.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 09:31:31 AM »

the N249 just helps it run more smoothly.

Exactly. And the worse it runs, the more race it is. At least in the minds of some...

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
Westwood Developments

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2016, 12:44:39 PM »

Going for a minimal style engine bay.. everything that can be removed has been.. Its lucky ive left the n75 in hahaha!

To be honest i am only interested in getting it up and running and on the road.. I have a Hybris Ko3s and a larger injecter setup waiting to go in but only when i'm happy everything is safe, working, DTC free and a bigger brake setup has been fitted.
My understanding is the AGU engines weren't fitted with a n249? (no problems)
I have heard a tale that traction control/ESP utilised the valve for boost reduction if needed?
obviously not needed in mk1 chassis.

still on the hunt for CW_CAN_R..

Oh and i've had this car for 15 years.. dont think ill be selling it anytime soon.. lol

GOLF MK1 1.8T 20v AUQ
FMIC            Induction Kit
Forge DV       Forge TIP
2.5"  Turbo Back Exhaust
Stage 2 Map
N249\N112\SAI\Rear o2 Deleted
Anti Lag Launch\No Lift Shift
carsey

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2016, 01:40:06 PM »

Get rid of all the excess baggage and make it run like a AGU on as much simplified ECU setup as you can with nothing getting in the way or wanting to.

I dont know why you would want a map to control when the dump valve can release.  The switchover from boost to vacuum happens instantaneously so adding additional stuff will slow it down.  What about when you get random times the dump valve will just fancy opening on light partial throttle.

Im also interested in the missing message from ABS cluster.  pops up on mine all the time.
adam-

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2016, 02:30:46 PM »

I dont know why you would want a map to control when the dump valve can release.  The switchover from boost to vacuum happens instantaneously so adding additional stuff will slow it down.  What about when you get random times the dump valve will just fancy opening on light partial throttle.

I have to disagree Chris.  It doesn't happen instantanously; and the delay will cause surge.  Not that it's noticeable, but it's still there.  The times when the recirc opens on light throttle is to increase fuel economy so the air isn't being dragged through the turbo.  It's only advantageous to have it. 
prj

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2016, 09:46:31 AM »

Cave man mentality - don't understand it, get rid of it.

Perhaps we should all go back to carburettors, what's the point of all this ME7 nonsense???

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
turboat

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2016, 09:13:01 AM »

Perhaps we should all go back to carburettors, what's the point of all this ME7 nonsense???

I've been thinking about fitting EFI to my truck because I dont trust carbs  Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: