Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Advice needed... regarding this mess of a Binary 6018DQ  (Read 8821 times)
em.Euro.R18

« on: November 23, 2014, 01:22:34 PM »

This file is a mess I've found IOP/IRL/LDRXN/KFZW/KFZW2

Closest I've come to finding HBN/LULS, the maps almost seem incomplete or the row values for LULS are skipped by 0's. DDillenger has also looked over this file and confirmed how difficult this file is to define. Now if any of you have experience with this binary or definitions to help me form a good base file I'd greatly appreciate it but from what I've read so far I may have to flash a different binary file. I'm looking to make a simple mpg friendly base file for my 1.8t passat 4motion.

What binary should I be looking to convert this too? I would prefer not having to defeat immobilizer but if need be I'm sure I can accomplish that.
I know there is not alot of longitude binaries that are wideband/VVT but if there is a BIN I can flash that I can actually define that is all I need.
ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 02:09:58 PM »

This file is a mess I've found IOP/IRL/LDRXN/KFZW/KFZW2

Closest I've come to finding HBN/LULS, the maps almost seem incomplete or the row values for LULS are skipped by 0's. DDillenger has also looked over this file and confirmed how difficult this file is to define. Now if any of you have experience with this binary or definitions to help me form a good base file I'd greatly appreciate it but from what I've read so far I may have to flash a different binary file. I'm looking to make a simple mpg friendly base file for my 1.8t passat 4motion.

What binary should I be looking to convert this too? I would prefer not having to defeat immobilizer but if need be I'm sure I can accomplish that.
I know there is not alot of longitude binaries that are wideband/VVT but if there is a BIN I can flash that I can actually define that is all I need.

Compare it to a B6 file. Everything but the MAF is the same Smiley

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
em.Euro.R18

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 09:14:59 AM »

what ecu would I be looking for? like a 6018P or AM ecu?
dave926

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014, 03:54:40 AM »

what ecu would I be looking for? like a 6018P or AM ecu?

Could be wrong, but a 518AK/AF file?
em.Euro.R18

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2014, 10:51:26 AM »

Well those are returnless files so I don't think they will work. I may have found KFDLULS but it doesn't seem on par with most of the stock files I've seen.

IamwhoIam

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2014, 12:43:45 PM »

Usually returnless 1.8Ts have a KLDLULS not a KF Smiley

I have no logs because I have a boost gauge (makes things easier)
em.Euro.R18

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2014, 02:23:52 PM »

Ok so there is not an KLDLULS......? Then I have no clue why this file is limited to 135% RL. I'll try 0'ing out LDIATA and go from there.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 02:39:11 PM by em.Euro.R18 » Logged
IamwhoIam

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2014, 02:48:23 PM »

I don't want to sound like a d!ck, but have you actually looked at what you've changed in the file?Huh?

I have no logs because I have a boost gauge (makes things easier)
ddillenger

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2014, 02:55:45 PM »

Observations:

Missed a row of KFLDHBN (not that it matters, it's the 120 row)
Only got the first KFTARX (there are 2 more after it)

and......

Drumroll please......

You missed LDRXN and modded LDRXNZK.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
terminator

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2014, 03:15:33 PM »

Ok so there is not an KLDLULS......? Then I have no clue why this file is limited to 135% RL. I'll try 0'ing out LDIATA and go from there.

I think KLDLUL 29B99 8x1, but its not the limit of RL, ldrxn is, like DD said Wink
em.Euro.R18

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2014, 05:10:50 AM »

Wow I had a feeling I may have switched ldrxn and ldrxnzk. This was the most screwed up bin I've looked at and without a solid comparison file so I've been winging it. I've also never come across a bin that had more than one KFTARX. Thanks guys you saved me a lot of headache.
ddillenger

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2014, 12:51:52 PM »

Wow I had a feeling I may have switched ldrxn and ldrxnzk. This was the most screwed up bin I've looked at and without a solid comparison file so I've been winging it. I've also never come across a bin that had more than one KFTARX. Thanks guys you saved me a lot of headache.

LDRXN is ALWAYS before LDRXNZK.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: