Pages: [1]
Author Topic: B7 2.0 TFSI DTM MTM factory flash ---- cant read ecu  (Read 6697 times)
airtite

« on: November 25, 2011, 12:51:20 AM »

Hi Guys

tried too read the above car, using my dumb cable and my mpps cable. I did try the nefmoto me7 software as well but it wouldnt connect. Any advise on what I can use too read this ecu?
Jason

Breaks everything!

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 09:37:41 PM »

You need a BDM setup to physically read the ECU on the bench.  I've posted some info here along with a few others.  You can get one off ebay.
Jack_Snows

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 04:39:28 PM »

any way of using a J1962F wired to ECU pinouts to read/write with MPPS?
airtite

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 03:23:14 AM »

You need a BDM setup to physically read the ECU on the bench.  I've posted some info here along with a few others.  You can get one off ebay.

Thanks, my mpps software does have a secletion too read that ecu, is there a reason why it has too be bench read?
Jack_Snows

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, 07:32:05 AM »

Thanks, my mpps software does have a secletion too read that ecu, is there a reason why it has too be bench read?

sounds like a read protection was placed on the ECU by the tuner.

i even tried wiring up my MPPS to the ECU pin out and use a 12V source to avoid the cluster and my MPPS couldnt get passed the read protection.

i was able to read a spare ECU, but not my "big name tuner" tuned ECU

i will be purchasing a BDM soon, i like the CMD unit, but its pricey. i also like the EVC unit too and im sure it works well with WinOLS.

any one have any suggestions or preferences for BDM units?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 07:29:34 AM by Jack_Snows » Logged
Gonzo

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2011, 10:46:56 AM »

At least that looks to be a legit MPPS tool  Smiley
Its an older unit though. Did you buy it second hand?

Tbh I might get a Galleto v2. It can do Tricore, BDM and OBD for a really good price. MPPS has gone down the crapper with these updates.
Jack_Snows

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2011, 08:18:06 PM »

At least that looks to be a legit MPPS tool  Smiley
Its an older unit though. Did you buy it second hand?

Tbh I might get a Galleto v2. It can do Tricore, BDM and OBD for a really good price. MPPS has gone down the crapper with these updates.

You are correct; old version and second hand.

Running V14 SW and updated firmware.

I have heard many horror stories, but I have never ran into any issues using it ever.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: