Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2001 A8L to S8 tune problems with TCM  (Read 4787 times)
vwmaniac

« on: August 05, 2012, 01:57:27 PM »

today i flashed a Audi A8L with an S8 tune i downloaded from a customers car and one it was flashed on all the PRND321 were lit up and the TCM threw a code for communication to ECU. Car started and ran properly with the exception of the TCM being in limp mode and keeping the trans in 3rd gear. So i flashed it 2 more times and same issue. I tried to recode to TCM to no avail.Finally flashed the ECU back to stock and TCM worked properly. Also the A8 and S8 ECU's use the full 1.24 file for the flash. All of the flashes were uplaoded and downloaded using MPPS v12. Does anyone have any idea what ,may be the problem. I would really like to use the full S8 tune rather than finding the differences and copy and pasting them. Thanks in advance and i will continue to search this problem and try to solve it on my own. Also both ECU's were coded the same to begin with. I will update this thread with any new info i can provide. Also i will upload the files i was using maybe even try to use the S8 file that are listed on here next time the car come here.
MyTunes

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 06:59:05 PM »

Old post, but i'm pretty sure that the TCM's are different and you must use an S8 TCM with an S8 file.

I could be wrong though.

Since it's been a long time maybe you made some progress you would like to share Smiley
vwmaniac

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 10:56:13 PM »

Believe it or not but the transmission s are different. So you would have to separate out the maps you want to swap from the s8 file to the a8 file I had the same problem.
MyTunes

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 03:24:37 PM »

Believe it or not but the transmission s are different. So you would have to separate out the maps you want to swap from the s8 file to the a8 file I had the same problem.
Thanks for the reply  Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: