Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Immobilizer help  (Read 3946 times)
MadJettaVr6

« on: September 01, 2017, 07:35:02 AM »

My transponder in my key fob got destroyed! I need to know me how to bypass it or reprogram my ecu or something! Can anyone help me please? 2000 Jetta vr6 2.8l 12v
Waspjr

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 07:41:42 AM »

My transponder in my key fob got destroyed! I need to know me how to bypass it or reprogram my ecu or something! Can anyone help me please? 2000 Jetta vr6 2.8l 12v
How did it get destroyed?
And you may be able to use a soic adapter and a gqx4 to read the eeprom maybe someone on here can do a immo delete for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MadJettaVr6

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 07:52:03 AM »

I was riding with my wife and my fob fell out a hole in my pocket didn't realize it happened! When sh backed up she ran over it and smashed the whole thing! I couldn't believe it..I had an extra one I order off line but I was a empty shell. I didn't realize there was a transponder I'm new to vw but I had a crash course. I'm not a tec person but I'm a quick learner. I just need some help from someone who knows what they are doing
Waspjr

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 07:56:04 AM »

I was riding with my wife and my fob fell out a hole in my pocket didn't realize it happened! When sh backed up she ran over it and smashed the whole thing! I couldn't believe it..I had an extra one I order off line but I was a empty shell. I didn't realize there was a transponder I'm new to vw but I had a crash course. I'm not a tec person but I'm a quick learner. I just need some help from someone who knows what they are doing
I hope you didn't throw the bits out. All you need is the small pill type thing. You can tape it to near the key ring to get it going. And you can also swap that to other Fobs that is the other part of the equation. Usually they have a eeprom immobilizer chip (8pin soic chip) in the cluster and in the ecu. The ecu is the one that hunts for the cluster and then the key's pill shaped RF piece. So just pick the bits up put the key in your new fob and the pill in the spot and wallah your good to go.

MadJettaVr6

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2017, 08:00:52 AM »

I did throw it away. I seen shattered glass in the pieces so I knew whatecer it was was destroyed. I called asking for a new fob and transponder but they don't make them anymore. They told me I may be able to hunt one down gave me a part number but no luck thus far. So I'm gonna need to tune it or do a complete delete.
Waspjr

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2017, 08:06:05 AM »

I did throw it away. I seen shattered glass in the pieces so I knew whatecer it was was destroyed. I called asking for a new fob and transponder but they don't make them anymore. They told me I may be able to hunt one down gave me a part number but no luck thus far. So I'm gonna need to tune it or do a complete delete.
Ok shoot hopefully someone will help

MadJettaVr6

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2017, 08:07:23 AM »

Li seen those pill looking things on eBay can I just. It one of those? Or does that have fob be programmed to my car?
Waspjr

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2017, 08:39:13 AM »

I am pretty positive they have a RFID and need to match the EPROMs. You either need to match a new one or do a immobilizer delete. Someone will know. I personally can't help sorry good luck

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: