Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: ECUxPlot Calc data way off  (Read 25976 times)
louie

« on: January 26, 2012, 12:50:35 AM »

Attached is the capture log file and the output from ECUxPlot (using latest version 0.9r3.0).  Obviously the Calc HP/TQ numbers are way off.  I loaded the right profile for my car (B5S4) in ECUxPlot, did not change any constants or fueling values.

The boost graph looks reasonable, even the Calc boost numbers for actual PR and desired PR

1. How are the Calculations done for all the other stuff?  HP/TQ numbers are way off, why?
2. Am I loggin the right variables?
3. What is the filter data option? if I click it the graph goes away
4. I see everybody talking about FATS. What the hell is it? The show FATS window under option just shows me an empty window.

Thanks for the help, searching the forums didn't help me much.
Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 12:10:39 PM »

FATS - For Advancement of The S4 - Is a number based on third gear acceleration.

nyet can probably answer your questions better than I.

Remember you have to log in if you want to see the file attachments!
Info or questions, please add to the wiki: http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki
Follow NefMoto developments on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nefmoto
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 01:03:31 PM »

The filter option searches for a WOT run of a certain length in 3rd gear. If you don't meet that criterion, you won't see any data if you enable the filter. You can adjust the filter parameters in the filter menu.

If you aren't in 3rd (or aren't logging "gear") or aren't WOT (or logging accelerator pedal position), the filter doesn't work that well.

If your run doesn't start low enough, or isn't long enough, the filter won't let any data through.

FATS is ET from 4200-6500 in 3rd.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 01:05:47 PM by nyet » Logged

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
louie

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 01:14:07 PM »

Well that explains it.   The data sample I was trying to plot was a 2nd gear pull.  I'll go log 3rd gear pulls and see what the graph looks like.  I am loggin both gear and accelerator pedal position as well as a bunch of other crap.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 01:25:23 PM »

btw, you can use 2nd gear data if you adjust rpm_per_mph and change the filter to 2nd instead of 3rd..

however, hp/tq isn't as accurate for very short runs due to inertial effects.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
e_pacman

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 12:45:18 PM »

I have a very strange problem with ECUxPlot, could be because I'm missing something really simple. It just won't plot anything. The axis show up as I choose them in the drop down menus, but nothing is plotted on screen. It's the same on two different computers And the CSV file is straight from ME7 Logger.  Any ideas?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2012, 03:05:22 PM »

Disable the filter, or adjust the filter so it doesn't filter everything.

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=1450.msg13765#msg13765

ECUx Plot

e_pacman

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2012, 07:47:59 AM »

Ah, it was that simple. Thanx a lot!  Smiley
julex

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2012, 12:32:24 PM »

nyet, maybe the program needs some pop up when you start it for the first time telling people they need to do pulls in 3rd gear for this to work... It seems to be #1 reason why people tell you that your software plots wrong even though it is right since they do pulls in 1st or reverse Smiley

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2012, 12:34:16 PM »

for SURE i totally agree.

i was working on a little "helper" dialog that explains why the filter didn't see anything, including advice on how to set the filter, but never finished it.

ECUx Plot

julex

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2012, 08:07:01 AM »

Can you add "Save Preset" option which would save current graph settings? This is really the only thing I find missing from it currently.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2012, 11:46:32 AM »

that and "export all" Smiley

ECUx Plot

julex

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2012, 02:04:46 PM »

I will test it today. Thanks Nyet!
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2012, 02:58:57 PM »

Also, Julex, if there are specific things you want it to be able to detect as "known" columns but they are named differently from ECUx or ME7L (e.g. from VCDS logs) let me know.

ECUx Plot

julex

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2012, 11:03:38 AM »

So far so good, it's been a big help already.

Some suggestions/requests:

* add ability to scroll (with mouse and left/right/up/down) zoomed in graph.
* shortcut to zoom in/out, ctrl + '+', ctrl + '-' and mouse scroll wheel would be awesome.
* ability to add actual values on top of the curves/points. This one is tricky as you don't want them all as they wouldn't be readable. Maybe have a choice of every n-th somewhere
* make graph remember settings for colors, fonts etc. Maybe make it a part of preset but I think it should be a separate item. Just having one that automatically saved and restores without any explicit menu for it is fine.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: