Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: B5 S4 single turbo tuning questions  (Read 20836 times)
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2013, 06:49:00 AM »

I don't know why all these people are saying you can't spool the turbo that fast,
nitrous can spool huge turbos really fast look at what the supra, and honda guys do.
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
I once put a gt30 something on a VW ABA 4 cyl ran standalone and TDI gears with a vr ring and pinion.
Ended up using a 100 shot to spool it, made 390 something wheel with 8v.

Nitrous is totally unreasonable for a street car... not to mention it gets expensive.  For a drag car sure (if your class allows it) why not.

It's far more important to build a proper and efficient setup then use a bandaid like Nitrous IMO.

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
Carsinc

« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2013, 07:34:38 AM »

Nitrous is totally unreasonable for a street car... not to mention it gets expensive.  For a drag car sure (if your class allows it) why not.

It's far more important to build a proper and efficient setup then use a bandaid like Nitrous IMO.
I was simple pointing out that it helps big turbos spool. With turbos it is very difficult to have your cake and eat it too.
If you get a big turbo your going to wait for it. Things like proper tuning and very well disigned manifolds can help with
boost. At the end of the day big turbos equal longer spool times but most of them make up for it with the sit of the pants
pull you only get after waiting for boost to build in a 3 gear pull from like 25mph. Grin
I was just bringing another idea to the table. Spool time is something that does not bother me to much I pick a turbo that makes
the power I want at the boost pressure I want to make it at, then figure the rest out later.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: