Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: a4 rb8 cluster help needed....  (Read 9420 times)
Usernameno1willtake

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2021, 10:20:13 AM »

the cluster is dead on the kline it will not connect in any manner. so im i bit lost at this point on an RB8 cluster. i know how to match c5 and b5 clusters but the whole encryption is confusing me.
macxxx

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2021, 10:44:21 AM »

I see there is some colormfa/colormfd installed maybe its the problem

If you camt connect by kline the only way is to read immo data from ecu and write it to new cluster and add key. you wont decrypt file read from eeprom directly ( only dejavuu can do it as far as i know )

Of course you can immo off ecu , change vin in epprom to match the old cluster and add new transponder ( you need to prepare dealer key and then add it to cluster - fvdi can do it )
bamofo

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2021, 02:43:38 PM »

the cluster is dead on the kline it will not connect in any manner. so im i bit lost at this point on an RB8 cluster. i know how to match c5 and b5 clusters but the whole encryption is confusing me.

If you have both clusters and live in the US i can clone it for you no problem with my bench setup. PM me if your interested.
Usernameno1willtake

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2021, 09:59:00 PM »

If you have both clusters and live in the US i can clone it for you no problem with my bench setup. PM me if your interested.

ive got carprog and i can read the replacement cluster just fine its for sure the cluster and not the mfa as i have removed all wires. your saying its as simple as replacing the vin of the replacement with the original vin and iw will figure itself out after programming the key? i thought you must chang ethe CS, MAC and Vin? im still a bit lost here and cant seem to get anything from the ecu here on the bench, im not sure cause theres no gateway hooked up or what but i cant even get vcds to connect to the ecu. 100% my desk setup works fine.
macxxx

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2021, 11:15:50 PM »

Cs mac can stay if you immo off and program new transponders
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: