Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14
Author Topic: ME7 Emulator Tested and working.  (Read 112441 times)
Rick

« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2013, 05:49:27 AM »

If pin 1 becomes pin 44 and pin 2 becomes 43 then you can just flip the cable round on the header.  Or are you saying it is mirrored, i.e. Pin 1 becomes pin 23, pin 2 becomes pin 24?

Rick
littco

« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2013, 02:46:43 PM »

If pin 1 becomes pin 44 and pin 2 becomes 43 then you can just flip the cable round on the header.  Or are you saying it is mirrored, i.e. Pin 1 becomes pin 23, pin 2 becomes pin 24?

Rick

Not sure Rick, I've been dealing with Moates on this and they said we'd need 2 cables linked to get them to correctly work. They are having some custom made cables made that are correct from the off so only 1 cable is needed.

Also the byte swap adaptor board is WORKING.......... There was a short between pins 4 and 40.. It's fixed and emulating ...

I can connect with Vagcom on the bench and emulate

I will test it in the car tomorrow on the way to work but I am confident it'll work .

Now for anyone who isn't aware with the new version of TP soon to be released, 8 and 16 bit maps are supported. Also if you use the 2d or 3d map to adjust settings it emulates instantly, using the text box to make changes need you to hit the emulate button or E ( or what ever you assign ) to upload the data to the emulator.

With the byte swap now working data trace and gauges should be working...

I have to say, I used the emulator on the way to work today, so so much easier better to map a car.. its so fast I made map changes whilst waiting at the traffic lights.... Sod this waiting 5 mins while you flash the ecu and hoping it doesn't brick!

Rick

« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2013, 03:02:33 PM »

Great stuff Smiley

Yes, emulation is awesome but sadly it's a thing of the past nowadays Sad

Rick
ddillenger

« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2013, 03:09:53 PM »

Great stuff Smiley

Rick

Not on a hobbyist's budget it isn't.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
Rick

« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2013, 03:11:45 PM »

Not awesome or not a thing of the past?
littco

« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2013, 03:15:17 PM »

Great stuff Smiley

Rick

So what's current then? How many tuners actually have an emulator?

Hobbiest or pro.. There are alot of tuners out there that would benefit from this..
ddillenger

« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2013, 03:19:28 PM »

Not awesome or not a thing of the past?

A thing of the past. I think a lot of people here forget that most of us are doing this for the fun of it, and don't really feel the need or desire to spend 10000 dollars tuning a single car.

I think littco did us a great service here, and to insinuate that it's not good enough because there are better methods out there just isn't appropriate.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 03:24:03 PM by ddillenger » Logged

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
B234R

« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2013, 03:41:12 PM »

I assume that Rick meant the fact that there is no emulation available for ME(D)9 and MEDC17 systems besides CCP and ETKs (used by OEMs).
ME7 is kinda "in the past", because a lot of popular "tuner cars" use more modern systems.
Rick

« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2013, 03:44:19 PM »

/\/\

That's exactly what i mean.  I would love to be able to emulate newer ECU's but so far can't!
Bische

« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2013, 01:19:57 AM »

littco, thanks for more info! Im sold on one of these Smiley

What is the hold back to emulate 9 or 17?

littco

« Reply #70 on: February 19, 2013, 03:17:55 PM »

littco, thanks for more info! Im sold on one of these Smiley

What is the hold back to emulate 9 or 17?

Update:

So emulator is working like a dream with adaptor board and new tunerpro.

The ability to change a map whilst the car is still running is brilliant. Only issue I had was once the car failed to start after a new flash but a recycle of the ignition and it fired up .

Took a friends s3 out tonight loaded a stock map and set about mapping it , 25 minutes later numerous map changes and not turning off the car once it was at a very acceptable stage1.

I haven't managed to get data trace working yet but I am in contact with mark Mansur about this so hopefully soon it'll be sorted. Likely to be me not setting up correctly.
blundar

« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2013, 01:48:25 PM »

I haven't been around here much since I sold my Audis a few years ago, but I have to say I'm overjoyed to see how Nefmoto has grown and developed into a useful resource for the tuning community.  At Moates, we've always been kind of mystified by the attitudes shown by "tuners" in the German car communities.  The kind of open sharing we see here brings joy to our hearts.

At this point, everyone should give Dan a big thanks for the testing he's done towards making the RoadRunner a more viable option for ME7.  We're continuing to work with him and with TunerPro's author to improve the solution.  Within a few months, we hope to have worked out the hardware and software aspects to the point where using ME7 with our products is well documented and straightforward.

Things are NOT quite there yet.  Things seem to be working fairly well, but I'd consider things "beta" right now.  We welcome early adopters, but please understand that the reason we're not marketing or really mentioning this very loudly is that there are kinks to be worked out.  With that said, if you want to get in on the action early you're more than welcome to.

Current status:
-We have an *extremely* limited number of hardware byte swap boards like what Dan is using.  After we finalize on a design, this will be a regular stocked item.
-The official public version of TunerPro has the issues Dan mentioned.  Beta software is available for testing by emailing us
-Hardware tracing is NOT working, even with the byteswap boards.  We're not sure why.  We're going to try to work with TunerPro's author to resolve this but there is NO ETA at this point.
-There are no public ADX files to allow native logging in TunerPro.  This needs to be worked out.  We can help if need be.

if you have any more questions, feel free to drop us a line.  We're available on the phones M-W-F 10-6 EST.  We're a bunch of friendly enthusiasts.  I promise we won't bite. Smiley

If this is against vendor rules or something, please contact us and we'll do what we need to in order to come in line with site policies.  We're not trying to rock the boat or piss anyone off - just to be helpful and make it easier for people to get accurate information about using our products.

thanks,

-Dave Blundell
support@moates.net
(225) 341 3547
prj

« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2013, 02:21:41 PM »

There are no public ADX files to allow native logging in TunerPro.  This needs to be worked out.  We can help if need be.

There is absolutely no need to work this out. All the tools are there and already used, you won't be gaining much at all by this.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Bische

« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2013, 02:49:45 PM »

Thanks Dave and Dan(littco?) for the updates, I am one happy person to se this coming true  Smiley

Unfortunatly my car is my daily used car, otherwise I would probably get on and help beta testing this out.

Is there any other way I can contribute? I have some basic disassembly skills regarding ME7.x if thats to any help.
blundar

« Reply #74 on: February 22, 2013, 03:04:01 PM »

There is absolutely no need to work this out. All the tools are there and already used, you won't be gaining much at all by this.
I tune lots of cars but I don't tune any ME7.x stuff at this time.
When using TunerPro, one of the nicest features is the fact that TunerPro RT has an integrated datalogger built in.
The ADX format defines the shape of data packets and the formulas for transforming raw values into real world numbers.
One of the features of the XDF file definition format is to define links to logged data.  You can define the logged data items that correspond with the axes of your tables.
When you have a linked definition pair, you'll have realtime data highlighting. 
As the vehicle is running, TunerPro will highlight in open tables which items are being used, in real time. 
This will work for MANY / all tables at once, unlike the hardware trace feature that is currently not working correctly.
TunerPro can also build histograms based on logged data.  The data acquisition side of the application is really powerful.

I'd be curious to see what the existing stuff is for logging.  I'm curious to see how it works in comparison.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14
  Print  

Jump to: