Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Rescaling map MAF with REVO intake  (Read 13675 times)
Albertoak

Well done is better than well said....

« on: March 19, 2020, 03:21:39 AM »

Hello partners.

I have a revo admission in 2.0tfsi med 9.1.
Revo sells it as your MAF housing is the same diameter as OEM so you don't have to rescale MAF map (lie). Right now I have a stage-2+ of its brand and in the fuel trim at partial load (channel 032) I have it over + 8%(ecu with all the past readiness). I understand that the ideal is the closest to 0%. Right now he is injecting 8% more in partials.

I have read different ways to rescale said map.

the most logical according to my idea is to raise the entire map: KFKHFM in that 8% positive (the value I have in loading partials). would it be right?

Other people talk about raising the map:FKKVS. but i think this map is more suitable for rescaling new injectors.

Greetings and thanks in advance.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 03:35:07 AM by Albertoak » Logged
adam-

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2020, 05:21:11 AM »

You know that it's removing that 8% so that it's not always rich?  8% is fine IMO.
Albertoak

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2020, 06:01:12 AM »

You know that it's removing that 8% so that it's not always rich?  8% is fine IMO.

forgives.  I do not understand what you mean.  according to my understanding up to + 20% THOUSAND does not appear.  but if we manage to bring it as close to 0 better, the ecu has to make fewer corrections, lower injection times, less ignition retards and the ecu knows better the real air that is entering it. so I want to adjust it.
adam-

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2020, 06:51:30 AM »

The ECU uses the 8% to make a correction, it USES the data.  It's not just calculating it for something to do.
Albertoak

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2020, 06:57:59 AM »

The ECU uses the 8% to make a correction, it USES the data.  It's not just calculating it for something to do.

of course a correction caused by the oversize of the MAF housing. With serial admission it does not exceed 1% .... If the MAF map is rescaled correct in the new intake, it has to be corrected ... I still don't understand what you want to tell me ...

I think I explained myself well, right?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2020, 06:42:01 PM »

If it is injecting an additional 8% it means the maf readings are too low, so yes, scale MLHFM by 8%.

If it is bosch, subtract MLOFS, scale, then add it back.

BTW open air elements cause MAF readings to be very non-linear. I'd avoid it.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Albertoak

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2020, 12:30:30 AM »

If it is injecting an additional 8% it means the maf readings are too low, so yes, scale MLHFM by 8%.

If it is bosch, subtract MLOFS, scale, then add it back.

BTW open air elements cause MAF readings to be very non-linear. I'd avoid it.

thanks for the reply.

Yes, it is measuring a few grams less than it should.
with OEM maf shell about 245-250 and now about 225-230gr.
(more or less that 7-8% that marks more in partial loads).

Can you explain something more about MLHFM. I see in the day that I have 3 maps referring to that nomenglatura.

I didn't hear him name anyone in the posts that people were talking about: KFKHFM to rescale.

and if it is bosch, measure 9.1 as it says in the post. I also can't find maps on:

MLOFS

And I know there are people who don't like open admissions systems. But in this case there is a gain of almost 15hp open intake system vs OEM intake system with pipercross filter .... It is quite noticeable and necessary.

he oem intake box of the tfsi is very very bad.

EDIT:
From what I was able to investigate in the FR, MLHFM does not exist in med 9.1 friend.....
that map is only me 7.XX. I need directions from someone who has rescaled to med 9.1 please.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 12:36:58 AM by Albertoak » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2020, 01:07:48 AM »

And I know there are people who don't like open admissions systems. But in this case there is a gain of almost 15hp open intake system vs OEM intake system with pipercross filter .... It is quite noticeable and necessary.

he oem intake box of the tfsi is very very bad.
That's unfortunate. In the case of the B5S4 (ME7.1) cutting large holes in the lower half seems to make almost as good results as an open air element intake.

From what I was able to investigate in the FR, MLHFM does not exist in med 9.1 friend.....
that map is only me 7.XX. I need directions from someone who has rescaled to med 9.1 please.

Sadly, I don't have any med9.1 experience, but they should be very similar.

You may still have to tune KFKHFM regardless to tune out the open air element oddities (and some simply can't be tuned out, depending on how long the runner before the MAF is). For wide band cars like the 9.1 it's not as critical, thankfully.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Albertoak

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2020, 02:51:32 AM »

That's unfortunate. In the case of the B5S4 (ME7.1) cutting large holes in the lower half seems to make almost as good results as an open air element intake.

Sadly, I don't have any med9.1 experience, but they should be very similar.

You may still have to tune KFKHFM regardless to tune out the open air element oddities (and some simply can't be tuned out, depending on how long the runner before the MAF is). For wide band cars like the 9.1 it's not as critical, thankfully.

again, thanks for replying. All information is good for learning new things.

Unfortunately in the 2.0tfsi except the air box of the audi TTS 2.0 tfsi. You can't do anything like that ... it's very very limited. The filter goes in the engine cover and the air inlet is small ... So when you mount a minimum intake you see gains of 10-12hp and much less turbolag ...

Let's see if someone has successfully rescaled a maf in med 9.1. write, explain it to us and let's all learn.
adam-

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2020, 03:09:59 AM »

Is there not an FR?  Just read through that, it'll give you the map names?
Albertoak

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2020, 03:29:33 AM »

Is there not an FR?  Just read through that, it'll give you the map names?

Correct, but not the way to modify them ... is what I ask for help in this post.
BlackT

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2020, 04:05:21 AM »

Do you have FR? With FR and full defined maps it easyy to understand what you need to do
Albertoak

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2020, 06:41:01 AM »

Do you have FR? With FR and full defined maps it easyy to understand what you need to do

thanks. but if I were so clear. It will not open a post to learn and for people on the forum to learn ... this comment does not contribute much.
BlackT

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2020, 06:47:07 AM »

thanks. but if I were so clear. It will not open a post to learn and for people on the forum to learn ... this comment does not contribute much.
Can you send me mappack and FR to PM? I will try to find solution
Albertoak

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2020, 07:13:26 AM »

Can you send me mappack and FR to PM? I will try to find solution

Ok, I send you MP. If we find this, I promise to explain here the means for rescaling the MAF in med 9.1. I think it is a good thing for the community.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: