Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Rescaling map MAF with REVO intake  (Read 13680 times)
BlackT

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2020, 07:21:41 AM »

What about MSHFMU or MSHFMTPH,
Do you have these maps in your mappack?
Albertoak

Well done is better than well said....

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2020, 09:21:00 AM »

What about MSHFMU or MSHFMTPH,
Do you have these maps in your mappack?

MSHFMTPH if it is defined but:MSHFMU  I can't find it or med9.1 doesn't have ... I attach the ols with the defined MAF maps. I pass you by MP.
IamwhoIam

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2020, 09:35:49 AM »

It's either or! U=voltage, TP=timeperiod=pulsewidth. your car has a TP maf so it's MSHFMTP. jeeeez how hard can this be?

I have no logs because I have a boost gauge (makes things easier)
Albertoak

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2020, 12:26:26 PM »

It's either or! U=voltage, TP=timeperiod=pulsewidth. your car has a TP maf so it's MSHFMTP. jeeeez how hard can this be?

If you dedicate yourself to them, it sure is easy ... but when you have it as a hobby and you are starting ... it is not a friend.

And more when each person says to rescale MAF in a different way ... some with injectors, others with different maf maps, now: MSHFMTP

Of course I want to solve it and not only because of the + 8% positive ... but because every time I get to a red light and a neutral change. The rpm drops to 500rpm and goes up to 1000rpm to stabilize the idle ... it's very uncomfortable. and it's their problem ... maf rescaling:

https://youtu.be/w_DdiHKO6Sw

The video I think is a matter of maf or that it resumes the injection of gasoline very late ...

« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 12:28:00 PM by Albertoak » Logged
IamwhoIam

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2020, 12:50:40 PM »

If you dedicate yourself to them, it sure is easy ... but when you have it as a hobby and you are starting ... it is not a friend.

And more when each person says to rescale MAF in a different way ... some with injectors, others with different maf maps, now: MSHFMTP

Of course I want to solve it and not only because of the + 8% positive ... but because every time I get to a red light and a neutral change. The rpm drops to 500rpm and goes up to 1000rpm to stabilize the idle ... it's very uncomfortable. and it's their problem ... maf rescaling:

https://youtu.be/w_DdiHKO6Sw

The video I think is a matter of maf or that it resumes the injection of gasoline very late ...

Why on earth would you fix an intake with INJECTORS? now you tell me!

I have no logs because I have a boost gauge (makes things easier)
BlackT

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2020, 01:41:39 PM »

What is you original MAF housing BOSCH or VW number?
I have never look at MED9 map, but what I think that your MSHFMTP is wrong defined.
But don't take my word, beacuse COVID-19 I cant acess to my computer where I have other MED 9 mappacks to compare it
Albertoak

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2020, 01:54:21 PM »

What is you original MAF housing BOSCH or VW number?
I have never look at MED9 map, but what I think that your MSHFMTP is wrong defined.
But don't take my word, beacuse COVID-19 I cant acess to my computer where I have other MED 9 mappacks to compare it

ref oem maf:06F906461A

the map:MSHFMTP this original, has not been touched ...
BlackT

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2020, 12:22:19 AM »

Try to fix your problem with KFHFM, right now I don't have better idea, beacuse as I can see MAF scaling in MED9 is not easy as on ME7
If I find better soultion, will let you know
Albertoak

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2020, 03:03:20 AM »

Try to fix your problem with KFHFM, right now I don't have better idea, beacuse as I can see MAF scaling in MED9 is not easy as on ME7

Ok, I will try to test KFKHFM. Would starting up the entire map by + 5% be ok?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2020, 12:36:03 PM »

Ok, I will try to test KFKHFM. Would starting up the entire map by + 5% be ok?

Maybe. I'd do some driving around and log various trim vs load/rpm to see what is where.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Albertoak

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2020, 12:43:03 PM »

Maybe. I'd do some driving around and log various trim vs load/rpm to see what is where.

Let's see if the coronavirus passes a little and I can go out and try ...
Albertoak

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2020, 03:09:43 AM »

I had not seen the companion app. What if I use this app for rescaling?

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=4839.0title=
FAREVALO

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2020, 04:42:25 PM »

I have exactly the same issue. I have been trying to increase KFKHFM by percentage as bigger the intake husing is. So my actual housing internal diameter is 3 inches and my understanding is that stock diameter is 2.5 inches. So, calculating area the of 3 inches versus 2.5 inches diameter, the area is almost 50% of difference, in that case I will increase and multiply the stock KFKHFM  by 1.5.

Or what do you think?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2020, 04:55:48 PM »

You mean MLHFM.

KFKHFM should overall be around 1.0 on average. It is a CORRECTION map.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Albertoak

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2020, 12:22:25 AM »

I have exactly the same issue. I have been trying to increase KFKHFM by percentage as bigger the intake husing is. So my actual housing internal diameter is 3 inches and my understanding is that stock diameter is 2.5 inches. So, calculating area the of 3 inches versus 2.5 inches diameter, the area is almost 50% of difference, in that case I will increase and multiply the stock KFKHFM  by 1.5.

Or what do you think?

In the end, in my case, I increased the entire map of KFKHFM by 9% and the% of fueltrim was solved, I take it to 0. Now I am solving the problem by falling into idle. I think that increasing a little more the% in the minimum% of load, it will be solved.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: