Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: looking for some insight on this 06A906032LQ file??  (Read 13759 times)
majorahole

« on: May 13, 2014, 09:01:30 PM »

friend brought his car over and was having weird shifting issues, so i pulled the file with MPPS to have a look. he got it from an auction and has no background on who did the flash. im guessing its from one of the big tuners, but no clue really.
its a 1.8t tip, could the file have any effect on shifting? or could me reading it out cause any issues? cuz he called me after he left and said it was barely making any boost compared to before, and under WOT wounldnt upshift?

thanks for any info on this
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 09:51:12 PM by majorahole » Logged
matchew

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 09:17:24 PM »

REVO
majorahole

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 09:22:59 PM »

REVO
ahh revo!
do they have any read protection or something that could cause an issue? like a limp mode or something?
_nameless

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 09:45:44 PM »

ahh revo!
do they have any read protection or something that could cause an issue? like a limp mode or something?
could be set to revo inactive... will have to go to revo to get fixed... they play with the eeprom too by my experience

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
majorahole

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 09:49:52 PM »

ya, that's what I was reading... well good thing there is one close by, I'll let him know to go there
majorahole

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 09:51:38 PM »

removed so I don't get in trouble!!
vwaudiguy

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2014, 10:51:46 PM »

Does anyone here know what changes are needed to make to the eeprom to get it out of stock mode if it's removed from battery power? I have an sps and I should be able to dig out a Revo ecu somewhere. Just might be interesting to see how its done. I don't believe the sps has the ability to re-enable the software though, just make timing and boost changes..

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
majorahole

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2014, 05:14:35 AM »

Does anyone here know what changes are needed to make to the eeprom to get it out of stock mode if it's removed from battery power? I have an sps and I should be able to dig out a Revo ecu somewhere. Just might be interesting to see how its done. I don't believe the sps has the ability to re-enable the software though, just make timing and boost changes..
ive read that it could reactivate the sofware, but i dont have an sps

so it doesn't seem that revo tune has anything to do with the transmission correct? 
_nameless

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2014, 07:01:03 AM »

I have the software to make it active... but your going to have to mail me the ecu...

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
vwaudiguy

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2014, 12:16:48 PM »

I have the software to make it active... but your going to have to mail me the ecu...

There is a REVO dealer within driving distance to us. Just looking for an easier way to re-enable the software everytime the battery dies, or is removed. Thanks for the offer, though. I may just read it while disabled, and re-read it after they re-enable it and see if that works. I'm pretty sure it's just changes made to the eeprom.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 12:18:25 PM by vwaudiguy » Logged

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
vwaudiguy

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2014, 09:39:22 PM »

Also...Isn't it just going to revert back to "off" mode again once you remove it from battery power? Do you have a way to remove this "feature" permanently?

_nameless

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2014, 04:38:23 AM »

Also...Isn't it just going to revert back to "off" mode again once you remove it from battery power? Do you have a way to remove this "feature" permanently?
If you want I can send you a revo "active" EEPROM and YOU can look for what the difference is...

majorahole

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2014, 06:41:29 AM »

if you did that, could i flash it and the bin i pulled and it would work again??
robin

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2014, 09:00:57 AM »

Only the MED9 files revert to stock with a battery disconnect, the ME7 files like that one will stay. It probably was just set to stock mode. Once it's put back into performance mode the settings will remain.
_nameless

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2014, 12:00:52 PM »

Only the MED9 files revert to stock with a battery disconnect, the ME7 files like that one will stay. It probably was just set to stock mode. Once it's put back into performance mode the settings will remain.

so i guess i might be able to get bootmode with mpps, hat eeprom should i use? and if i use a stock bin i found here with it will it cause any immo problems?
thank you, im just trying to get him a working car so we can figure out the trans issues

I have a active a "REVO ACTIVE" eeprom I can send you but unless you know how to write it its no use to you. Also if you want to figure out whats wrong with the tranny you might want to use vagcom to read codes... also if the P R N D 321 on the cluster is solid and not blocks around what ever is selected there is a communication issue with the tcu and ecu 9/10 time it will lock in second gear will not shift and slams hard
hope that helps....

ps
please ask all questions in forums so others can learn from YOUR experience 

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: