Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: S4 2.7t tip - getting started.  (Read 13969 times)
Osmosis

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2014, 10:16:06 AM »

Currently reading both links you provided and yes I would like some references.  Like I said, I have a lot of experience tuning with TP.  However, my experience was simply go to TP or code59.org and grab the base bin and XDF file, load them in to TP and then connect the WBO2 to the ECM and start tuning.  Granted, I had to find which tables to start tweaking.

Here, it seems a bit more complex than what I have used in the past.  Like I said, my past few cars all used a MAP sensor, no a MAF.  I"m not even considering to do any tuning until I can go into TP, look at the tables and research what everone is donig. 
First step is to get TP working with a working XDF file and to read said links and PDF.     I just found a PDF on the Bosch Document - ME7 Description that I also plaln on reading today.

Sorry about this being moved, I just have tons of questions and I was expecting this to be like my old Code59 fourm where it was pretty simple to tune.  Grab XDF file and matching base bin, study what tables controled what and make little changes at a time.   

Needless to say I was expecting the same and I have a ton of reading to do Smiley

As far as my intro, I neglected to say that I am doing a 65 Shelby Cobra Replica in my shop.  Ordered my kit from factory five racing a few years back.  Slow project becasue I"m saving up for premium parts  Grin

Thank you again!

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2014, 10:25:03 AM »

Greg Banish has some very good books:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1932494421/
http://www.amazon.com/dp/1932494901/

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
TurboNick

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2014, 11:48:02 PM »

i have a few of the popular tunes on this site converted to the tiptronic. i have tested them on my car also. if you would like them email me turbonick@live.com and i can help you out with them.
Osmosis

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2014, 08:49:24 PM »

OK, I'm back...kind of. I have been on vacation a few times this summer and dealing with some political action stuff with work so I've not had time to mess with my Audi as of yet.

I am  VERY familiar with tuning, however, the NefMoto/Audi tuning platform is very different that what I have used with my GMC Typhoon/Syclone's or the GN stuff.

To tune the GMC's and GN's, I basically ran tuner pro RT for my data logging and I used Tuner Pro to edit the bin.  That's all I really needed to use.  I learned what tables did what and I stuck to a few basic areas and I became very proficient on making a good tune in a matter of short time.  Through Tuner Pro RT,  I could do a data log and look at my knock retard, timing tables, Airfuel ratios with the WBO@ plugged into the ECM and such and monitor what the car was doing on each run.  All I had to do was to use the Code59 XDF file and load my starter bin.  I could also watch what my car was doing in real time and also do data runs so I could assess certain parameters.  I started by tuning the car at part throttle with different loads.  Once I got the car tuned in part throttle, I moved to WOT.   I started with boost psi of 12 and slowly moved up to 18 psi.  increased timing till it just started to show minimal KR.  Then I would assess AFR.  If AFR off, I would either add or subtract fuel ( or back off timing).  Once that was done, I would pull timing if the KR continued.   I slowly increased boost and decreased timing by adjusting the AFR and timing tables up to 18 psi.  I think my final tune with 18 psi and no akly was with timing @ 27deg advanced on 92 octane fuel.  Once I got it running with Zero KR and max timing, I started to tune a chip with akly. 

The Audi is a bit different & it's a bit more complicated process for connecting to the ECM, data logging, and editing.  It seems that you just can't get a XDF file for TP and a tuner pro type bin & run TP or TP rt.    I recently did some youtube searches and I found some great  videos on WinOLS and I'm currently watching them when I get time.  It looks like you can actually edit the bin with this program.  I'm curious of the entire process of using NefMoto, ME7, and WinOLS.  I'm just looking for some answers and I finally got some time to myself to read here.   

I will be reading the ME7 stuff and I'm hoping someone can help me along the way.

BTW, I called one of the APR type chip companies, JHmotorsports.   They were trash talking Nefmoto.  I asked the guy on the phone what makes their chips so "special". this guy went on to totally BS me and he claimed his chips were the "best" and that they tweak 100's of parameters.  I called BS on that being a tuner with my previous cars.  I know how to make a car fast.  Hi octane, max timing with efficient boost levels and NO KR.  It's not that difficult.  I basically told him thanks for the BS answer and that I would not be spending 700 of my hard earned money on his BS sales pitch Cheesy  Guy was an asswipe!

Thanks for your help and patience Wink
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2014, 11:26:55 PM »

BTW, I called one of the APR type chip companies, JHmotorsports.   They were trash talking Nefmoto.  I asked the guy on the phone what makes their chips so "special". this guy went on to totally BS me and he claimed his chips were the "best" and that they tweak 100's of parameters. 

To get everything right, they are actually correct. Maybe not 100s but pretty damn close.. possibly 100+

Hi octane, max timing with efficient boost levels and NO KR.  It's not that difficult.

This is true. At the end of the day there are only 3 things

1) boost
2) timing
3) fuel

Any tuner that is claiming to be faster and is unwilling to post logs of those 3 things is full of crap.

Any tuner that is claiming that their combination of the three is special is full of crap.

Tuning is just getting those where you want them, not finding the magical combination of the 3 that is "better" than anyone else.

Pro tuners like to talk crap, but I have yet to see any of them show they know more than what you can find here, or from people who truly care about tuning (and have time to actually research, and time to experiment), not cranking out product based on info you just bought from somebody else because you are under the gun to produce.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: