Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Launch control issues  (Read 3159 times)
vwnut8392

« on: December 27, 2016, 11:25:31 AM »

i tried to post in the reverse engineering thread but didnt have any luck so i'll give it a go here. anyhow, a friend asked me to patch the ECU in his audi TT with launch control and such so i told him no problem. after a bunch of trial flashes the launch control will activate at 4500RPM but push through to the rev limiter or not activate at all. i have tried setting FTOMN to 00, 01, and 02. 00 and 01 both cause the coil fuse to blow if used anymore than a few seconds, 02 doesnt blow the fuse but still pushes through. i used the last version of the patcher PHP script and a .ECU file i generated with ME7logger/ME7info. i did get an error in the PHP script that said "FTOMN found: FTOMN ATTENTION: find multiple FTOMN offsets, will be using 0x165b5". i checked this against other 512k files that i have patched and worked perfectly and 0x165b5 is the proper address for FTOMN. another test i conducted that i actually cross flashed the ECU with a stock file that was patched from a 225hp TT and the launch control activated perfectly. so its not the ECU or the car, its definitely the binary that belongs to the original ECU.

one user in my previous post suggested to move the main code closer to the variables so i tried every single configuration of that i could think of and the end result was that the launch control wouldnt even activate when the code was moved anywhere else in the BIN other than the places that the PHP script puts them automatically.

i attached the original stock file patched with launch control and the .ECU file i used to generate the patched file. does anyone here have a clue as to why this file specifically wont work?

vwnut8392

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 11:26:17 AM »

i forgot to say that the car is a 2001 audi TT 180hp car, ECU PN is 8N0906018S.
TijnCU

flying brick

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 12:44:11 PM »

If the script doesnt work for this ecu, I think you need to go and patch the ecu yourself. Its not a quick mod anymore, but you seem to want to solve the issue  Smiley You can also check the call in Ida, it makes a difference where it is located. You can also try to make a new call from a part of active code and put the original instruction at the end of the launch code. Make a hybrid code out of it  Smiley That way you can force the ecu into the function...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: