Pages: [1]
Author Topic: XDF Map Finder - Binary Compare community project  (Read 4634 times)
SB_GLI

« on: May 03, 2015, 07:31:17 AM »

Wouldn't it be nice to have a Map Finding program, such as how is done with WinOLS where you can find similarities in one bin vs the other?  The idea is to use XDFs from tuner pro to allow you to make another XDF for another bin file.  It could have all the features of the WinOLS bin compare, but we could add on any bells and whistles we choose.

Is any one interested in helping develop a software for this purpose?

This would keep people from pirating WinOLS, and all ME7 tuning could be done with free software.  Then if a free checksummer was developed for MED9, that platform would be almost free to develop on as well.

I think the missing piece is a Map Finder.
ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 12:12:32 PM »

Tunerpro has a standalone utility called map finder (or something along those lines) where you can display maps side by side in 2D.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
SB_GLI

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2015, 04:48:31 PM »

Hmm, never saw this myself.  I'll have to look into it.
SB_GLI

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2015, 05:01:51 PM »

I can't find anything regarding this, DD.  Even so, I am not sure it could be as good of a tool as we'd need/want it to be.
tjwasiak

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2015, 03:28:34 PM »

Some time ago I did some dirty C program (for Linux console) and bash shell script to get maps from M2.8.1 into XDF (it scanned map list and wrote dynamic axes into XDF - always read from real bin, not included in XDF). Shell part was used to add proper factors and offset to known axis values. Unfortunately my programming skills are really poor (but still it was working good enough for me) and I lost it because of hard drive failure. I am not sure if it would be easy to make real map finder for ECUs without map list within binary.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: