Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12
Author Topic: Multi map selection using cruz control  (Read 154384 times)
sn00k

« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2012, 05:41:22 AM »

sorry on my part, i havent managed to find the time to install these 4 wires for the CC yet.. i will do is asap and help you work with this =/

glad to see you are now working with sets! Grin

you can still change maps on the fly with this method, if you setup set 1 as normal driving.. and set 2 as track mode with i.e higher boost and timing.. and perhaps leave set 3 for i.e E85 fuel.. so nothings has really changed on that part.. switching from set 1 to set 2 can be still done on the fly to change boost and timing.. =)

regarding leaving protection as standard and only change certain maps.. well, most of us are tuning here.. and in this process we are changing some of the "limiting factors" of the ecu.. while still trying to maintain the safety features of the factory tune, it is enevitable so that you end up a bit further away from this.

that said, a k03 turbo can boost about 1.2bar on normal 91oct fuel and LOW timing.. while the same turbo on E85 can boost ~1.5bar at 10-12 deg more advanced timing.. mixing these two and running 1.5bar, +12 deg timing on normal 91oct would literally destroy the engine in seconds.. even tho the ecu would try to pull 15-20degs of timing and enriching the mixture till no end, the damage would allready have been done to pistons etc.
working with "sets" is a safe way to eliminate this, imo Smiley
youre the one working with the code atm, im not at all trying to tell you what to do, just expressing my opinions to make this a safe and reallt neat feature for people to impliment into their tunes.
keep up the good work, this will be one awesome feature to have when working 100%!  Grin

rajivc666

« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2012, 02:48:43 AM »

that said, a k03 turbo can boost about 1.2bar on normal 91oct fuel and LOW timing.. while the same turbo on E85 can boost ~1.5bar at 10-12 deg more advanced timing.. mixing these two and running 1.5bar, +12 deg timing on normal 91oct would literally destroy the engine in seconds.. even tho the ecu would try to pull 15-20degs of timing and enriching the mixture till no end, the damage would allready have been done to pistons etc.
working with "sets" is a safe way to eliminate this, imo Smiley

I understand now.
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2012, 09:09:29 AM »

Some kind of feedback would be nice if anybody tried it, will keep me encouraged.. Sad

Soon, very soon man... I'm just trying to get some basics fixed in my tune first... then I will gladly try your map switching and let you know what I find.

Thanks again for your hard work so far!

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
RaraK

« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2012, 06:27:29 PM »

Hmm i wonder if you write nmot_w while key is in on position not started, can you increase the RPM on cluster this way? BMW jb3 does something like this, hold brake, then gas to floor, needle jumps to 1,2,3k rpm spots so you know where you are.  Another way to do things.....
jibberjive

« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2012, 08:53:51 PM »

I hate to ask to be spoonfed regarding this, but I've got so many other things I'm dealing with right now that I probably can't take on the learning curve of dealing with winOLS right now.  Any way you can post the locations/definitions for me to add the multi map stuff to my existing XDF for tunerpro?  If I had that, I could probably test this pretty soon for you (for an m-box S4).
DonSupreme

« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2012, 10:53:08 AM »

Raji,

Which c167 dis assembler are you using?
rajivc666

« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2012, 01:56:29 AM »

Hmm i wonder if you write nmot_w while key is in on position not started, can you increase the RPM on cluster this way? BMW jb3 does something like this, hold brake, then gas to floor, needle jumps to 1,2,3k rpm spots so you know where you are.  Another way to do things.....
Nice I will give this a try.

I hate to ask to be spoonfed regarding this, but I've got so many other things I'm dealing with right now that I probably can't take on the learning curve of dealing with winOLS right now.  Any way you can post the locations/definitions for me to add the multi map stuff to my existing XDF for tunerpro?  If I had that, I could probably test this pretty soon for you (for an m-box S4).
I am posting the kp file again as I think kfzw, rpm axis was not correct.

Rajiv,
Which c167 dis assembler are you using?

Idapro for dis assembling and reads166 for assembling.
rajivc666

« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2012, 02:08:21 AM »

Regarding the xdf file I am not very familiar with tunerpro. The xdf I have posted is ok except you have to change the address step in row and column of each parameter from -4 to 0 as i am not able to save that, very strange. Shocked . If anybody can correct that please post the corrected file.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 02:10:03 AM by rajivc666 » Logged
rajivc666

« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2012, 12:43:02 PM »

Found a bug in s4 bin ff03f hex should be 00 instead of 01 or the mil light wont work. Posting the corrected file. Anybody test it yet??
matchew

« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2012, 10:15:52 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/gonzotuning/posts/428323403864153

Surprise surprise.
Gonzo

« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2012, 04:19:06 PM »

If you are going to going to promote my products, you might as well link the videos here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXJ6TqpG_Vo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpua4WNAByU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmMlJ24Hycg

Should I tease you and show you how modular/complete the code is, too?

Please refrain from making assumptions and hijacking the thread. If you have something against me, you can PM me.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 04:20:52 PM by Gonzo » Logged
matchew

« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2012, 04:24:25 PM »

Should I tease you and show you how modular/complete the code is, too?

Sure, post it in this thread for everyone to see and use, then others can use it just like you have done with the code on this and other threads.

You show how complete the code is to APR's lawyers when they call you.
Arin

« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2012, 06:11:18 PM »

So are you saying that I used the code in this thread or that I used APR's???
If you are going to make an accusation, the least you could do is be clear in what the accusation is.

In the end, it doesn't matter what you think. Believe whatever makes you feel better.

It doesn't matter if you used our code or not. We hold a patent on the technology. I'd advise you to cease sales of cruise control program switching. The last company that didn't was hit pretty hard.
Gonzo

« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2012, 07:30:48 PM »

You should information regarding the patents so we can all steer clear of infringement.
I can edit the code as needed as to not infringe any patents, given that the patents are valid, and that the products in question do in fact infringe them. There is many ways to do one thing, and just because you have a patent on one method, doesn't mean you have a patent on all the methods to do something.

Please contact me privately as to not derail the thread.
Jefnes

« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2012, 08:55:51 PM »

My code does not allow you to switch programs on the fly. Only with the car off.

I can't comment on APR's implementation because I don't know how they do their tune switching, and I honestly don't care as long as I am able to steer away from patent infringement. I don't see them developing any new products for the 1.8T/2.7T.

None of that matters.

Correct me if I am wrong:
You are changing the performance characteristics of an automobile by using the cruise control.
You are selling (or trying to sell) this as a product (or product feature).

Creating anything covered or maybe covered by some patent is not 'wrong'. Heck even copying code
from a 'tuner' file that you paid for, and messing with it is ok. So long as you keep it to yourself.

Its when you convert that knowledge into a sale of any kind is where the line is crossed.
Your problem is, you tend to cross this line without hesitation.
You are not the only 'tuner' doing this, you're just high profile.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12
  Print  

Jump to: