Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12
Author Topic: Multi map selection using cruz control  (Read 154409 times)
nokiafix

« Reply #75 on: July 26, 2012, 03:36:35 PM »

whats the chance of just having the switch option for a 5 point TVLDMX?  For a lot of the projects I do this would be an awesome option for me. 

Nick
rajivc666

« Reply #76 on: August 11, 2012, 07:06:22 AM »

Almost any map can be switched , no problem.
scottmandu

« Reply #77 on: August 14, 2012, 06:28:47 PM »

It doesn't matter if you used our code or not. We hold a patent on the technology. I'd advise you to cease sales of cruise control program switching. The last company that didn't was hit pretty hard.

Arin,

Please provide patent number as searching the USPTO database yields no results.
Gonzo

« Reply #78 on: August 17, 2012, 08:46:47 AM »

Arin,

Please provide patent number as searching the USPTO database yields no results.
Don't bother. They only send threat letters and when you reply they don't bother to get back to you.
I never sold any cruise control program switching tunes (ever) but I got this from them:
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 08:48:57 AM by Gonzo » Logged
sn00k

« Reply #79 on: August 17, 2012, 09:56:07 AM »

i find this hillarious, please DO present that patent and please DO try to sue someone with it.

interesting to see if some people will speak up regarding these threats, since there are atleast 2 people here on this forum whom are connected with the bosch folks. (who hold the patent on the complete engine management and all software therein.)

trying to patent a modification of <0.0001% change of the original copyrighted code.. yey.. be so VERY glad the bosch people dont really care enough about "little people" to take the time to stomp on you.. "repected" company or not.
(yeah, i know we are all in the same situation when modifying code, IF trying to make money from our modifications)

gonzo: i find it very funny an attorney actually took the time to write you this, and include chit-chat and comments from an internet forum user in the threat, hahaha  Grin
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #80 on: August 17, 2012, 10:03:38 AM »

As far as I know, both Bosch and Audi are aware that APR has been asserting rights to this patent (often successfully).

I don't know of any disputes that have gone to court however. I am aware that there are more than one out of court settlements.

YMMV.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #81 on: August 17, 2012, 10:33:23 AM »

I don't see how they can do anything to you if you're not selling it as a product

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
Gonzo

« Reply #82 on: August 17, 2012, 11:30:25 AM »

gonzo: i find it very funny an attorney actually took the time to write you this, and include chit-chat and comments from an internet forum user in the threat, hahaha  Grin
You must be new here...  Grin
As far as I know, both Bosch and Audi are aware that APR has been asserting rights to this patent (often successfully).

I don't know of any disputes that have gone to court however. I am aware that there are more than one out of court settlements.
The thing is that its unclear the scope of the patent. One would have to go to trial in order to see how wide or narrow the scope of the patent really is.
I have no desire to challenge it, though. I want to innovate, not litigate. I leave that up to huge corporations that have nothing better to do.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 11:34:08 AM by Gonzo » Logged
Gonzo

« Reply #83 on: August 17, 2012, 11:35:14 AM »

I don't see how they can do anything to you if you're not selling it as a product
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patent_infringement_under_United_States_law
35 U.S.C. § 271(b) covers situations where one actively induces the infringement of a patent by encouraging, aiding, or otherwise causing another person or entity to infringe a patent. A potential inducer must actually be aware of the patent and intend for their actions to result in a third party infringing that patent.[3]
APR insists that I was aiding people to infringe a patent when I never posted any code nor sold any infringing product.

Someone should explain this to us.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #84 on: August 17, 2012, 11:43:30 AM »

Someone should explain this to us.

It costs them nothing to demand $$ from you in return for not taking you to court.

Then, you get to do the math. How much would it cost to fight a lawsuit in court (regardless of its chances of success)?

By and large, that number is >0

The settlement $ tends to hover near that number.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Gonzo

« Reply #85 on: August 17, 2012, 11:53:15 AM »

Oh I understand that bit. That's very clear to me.

What is not clear is what is defined as patent infringement, direct or indirect, and what defines being an 'inducer' of patent infringement under US law.

I think knowing the law will help ALL users of this forum alike.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #86 on: August 17, 2012, 12:01:38 PM »

What is not clear is what is defined as patent infringement, direct or indirect, and what defines being an 'inducer' of patent infringement under US law

Unfortunately, I am not a lawyer.. and i wouldn't trust an answer from anybody who isn't a lawyer (and you shouldn't either!)

a real lawyer costs money... sooooo add that to the settlement cost if you don't want to pay a lawyer to give you an answer Smiley

ECUx Plot

Gonzo

« Reply #87 on: August 17, 2012, 12:45:49 PM »

Hahahahaha its all about the $

Its worth mentioning that US patents do not affect non-US entities. Just making that clear.
Snow Trooper

« Reply #88 on: August 18, 2012, 09:53:25 PM »

Whoa can't believe they sent that to you, thanks for the pm btw!  Helpful pointers to a safer system for sure, I haven't had any of the issues though.  Just the timing things and my flywheel cracks.

cartoons?
6A 61 72 65 64 40 76 6C 6D 73 70 65 63
infinkc

« Reply #89 on: October 22, 2012, 01:41:18 PM »

more of a reason to post a DIY on how to do it, so everyone can use their feature

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12
  Print  

Jump to: