Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22
Author Topic: My Tial 605 Tune Thread  (Read 254427 times)
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #105 on: July 24, 2011, 05:32:57 PM »

So I wish I knew what was causing my rich condition when using NLS... I was getting on to the highway.. did a 2-3 shift normally, and then a 3-4 with NLS and again pretty much right after releasing the clutch, AFR's just took a dump and the car started to bogg... I let off of the pedal and got right back on and it was fine. Sad

See here for my log a week or two ago when I noticed it...

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php/topic,607.msg6588.html#msg6588

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #106 on: July 26, 2011, 05:27:46 AM »

So last night I decided I wanted to take another crack at the WGDC and increasing boost and the onset of boost.

Again I'm running into the issue where I"m going lean in the mid range.  I'm not (for the most part) running any more boost then I was with just WG crack pressure (almost no WGDC in the file).  I just seem to be ramping the boost sooner and for whatever reason the fueling is not keeping up now.

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #107 on: July 26, 2011, 02:40:43 PM »

Well seems to be solved now... I duplicated the last 4 lines in KFLBTS to be the same (0.81 lambda), bumped KRKTE from 0.46 to 0.47 and all seems well...

I'm going to slowly add more WGDC by redline to continue to ramp boost and see how it goes from there.

NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #108 on: July 26, 2011, 08:18:20 PM »

Scratch that... going lean again in the top end... and the more boost I request the sooner and the leaner it gets even though I am not actually making more boost.

I'm about ready to throw ME7 and this tuning business into the garbage...

Throttle cut's @ partial throttle from 10-15-psi (I know it's TC because I can hear my DV's open when it does it).

Wacky AFR's...

It's just really starting to get to me...

I do have a feeling it is something MAF related... but I'm just getting so damn tired on how long this process is taking... flashing is long, logging is long... making adjustments not in real time just drags out the process even further...

I'm glad I learned what I learned... but man was a pain in the ass this has been.

I'll be going to the track tomorrow with my DD tune and will see how things go, but I doubt I will try to invest a whole bunch more time into ME7 tuning on my car. 

Thanks to all that have helped me with this so far... it's been a pleasure Smiley

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #109 on: July 26, 2011, 08:44:58 PM »

You really should be posting logs Smiley

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #110 on: July 27, 2011, 10:18:31 AM »

I know...  I was having a bad day yesterday... and I really wanted to at least have some WGDC on for spool as it makes quite the difference before hitting the track today.

On top of that NLS is not working correctly... when I use it it dumps so much fuel after re-engaging the clutch that I have to let off and get back on the gas.  Seems like I'm the only one having this issue as well.  Just one thing after another and it's starting to get to me.

Either way...

I'm now thinking I should just leave the car as is... and make a decision... either go with the same MAF setup as Julex or go standalone and forget about ME7 all together on my car.

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #111 on: July 27, 2011, 10:23:29 AM »

I don't get it Sad

IMO many of your problems can be solved pretty easily, but I haven't seen any logs that show your AFR issues...

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #112 on: July 27, 2011, 10:29:03 AM »

I will take some logs sometime later this week... maybe tomorrow... today i'm going to the track with my DD tune which for the most parts seems to behave (from my previous logs)...

s5fourdoor

« Reply #113 on: July 27, 2011, 11:21:57 AM »

I'm glad you are doing this thread.  Its inspired me to keep at my K04 car...

Don't lose hope, we'll help you figure it out!  I do agree that it would be nice to have the ability to modify tables real-time.  I'm surprised there isn't a running dynamic ME7 emulator available on some embedded chip...
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 09:21:50 AM by nehalem » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #114 on: July 27, 2011, 11:31:27 AM »

Agreed. Please don't give up!

ECUx Plot

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #115 on: July 27, 2011, 11:33:30 AM »

I'm surprised there isn't a running dynamic ME7 emulator available on some embedded chip...

I have a ghetto fab setup using this: http://www.promice.com/

but it isn't real time. you don't ahve to sit and wait for a flash though. However, it isn't stable enough to use on the road, only on a dyno. I'll try to get pics of it in action if I get it running properly.

ECUx Plot

sleeperavant

« Reply #116 on: July 27, 2011, 12:07:21 PM »

Wacky AFR's...

It's just really starting to get to me...

I do have a feeling it is something MAF related... but I'm just getting so damn tired on how long this process is taking... flashing is long, logging is long... making adjustments not in real time just drags out the process even further...

I'm glad I learned what I learned... but man was a pain in the ass this has been.

I'll be going to the track tomorrow with my DD tune and will see how things go, but I doubt I will try to invest a whole bunch more time into ME7 tuning on my car. 

Thanks to all that have helped me with this so far... it's been a pleasure Smiley

What is your KFKHFM table set to?
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #117 on: July 27, 2011, 12:45:24 PM »

What is your KFKHFM table set to?

Not all too much different from a stock M-box or NefMoto Stg 3 base...

sleeperavant

« Reply #118 on: July 27, 2011, 12:49:15 PM »

Shouldn't your values be higher in the high-load / high-rpm areas, such as greater than 1.0 if you want more fueling?
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #119 on: July 27, 2011, 01:32:25 PM »

Possibly...  the point of that map is to tune out variations and keep lambda as close to 1.0 as possible.

Most tunes I've seen have a similar shape to mine.

That said, 400g/sec is approx 1440kg/hr.

Can anyone tell me if I'm looking at MLHFM and the numbers that are in the bins, is that supposed to be kg/hr?  If so I think I'm maxing my MAF. Looking at my logs I'm very close to 400 g/sec.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22
  Print  

Jump to: