Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: ME7.1.1 Map and Fuel Sensor also N75  (Read 16639 times)
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2021, 09:58:22 AM »

You really do hate VR6 owners.

Not the owners as much as the shady VR6 tuners misrepresenting their work.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
bamofo

« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2021, 10:31:23 AM »

You really do hate VR6 owners.

Your being too specific. He hates VR6 / B6-B7 S4 / Anything with a V8 / Anyone not willing to DIAY (do it all yourself) / Anyone asking for help on B&P / All People that didnt read the terribly named section "Noob" really well named.  Its nothing personal to the VR6 though. Smiley

Blazius

« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2021, 12:04:54 PM »

As you spoke about the German TÜV, the only way to get a bulletproof TÜV certification including a legitimate emissions certificate is either putting the car into a test labour, or use a complete turbo kit that is sold by ISO 9001 certificated company.

You are lucky your car is of EU2 emissions class, otherwise OBD2 is a must have and ALL standalones are useless anyways.
Additionally an EU4 class emissions pass is nearly impossible with the turbocharger extracting too much heat to get the catalytic converters up to temperature.
Thats why superchargers are often used here in Germany, you can keep the exhaust side stock.

Just because some tuners "make it work" doesnt mean its well done. For example, every boosted M52-M54 BMW engine had the MAF linearization scaled down and never knew real world values until 2017. This can somewhat be compared with the 5120mbar hack from ME7.5.

Afaik there are hardcoded load limits in ME7.1.1 that require program code changes, so its not only tuning, like changing calibration values.

You could take a look at Bosch Motorsport ECUs, like MS4, but still, that wont eliminate the shady TÜV engineer you need for that.

Or sell your Audi and buy a BMW, our 6 cylinder ECUs can be boosted Grin

Yeah I am fairly sure he can forget about legitimacy with turbo conversion lol, unless you got serious connections or money I dont know. I have done similar thing with my car ( being 1.8 not vr6) because the laws dont allow for simple engine swapping here, however I am technically allowed to change everything about the engine except I have to keep the original block, this is ofcourse if you care about that stuff. IMO once you start tuning you move into grey areas with laws lolz.

And yes like Marty said there are load caps , also some other calculations are different cause of SY_turbo ofcourse.

IMO , his options are : standalone so his "tuner" can tune it or paying someone serious cash to do it if you wanna keep everything factory like, if not you got the DIY option but you will have to accept the compromises.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2021, 12:09:02 PM »

Your being too specific. He hates VR6 / B6-B7 S4 / Anything with a V8 / Anyone not willing to DIAY (do it all yourself) / Anyone asking for help on B&P / All People that didnt read the terribly named section "Noob" really well named.  Its nothing personal to the VR6 though. Smiley

Pretty dead on.

Some notable v8 exceptions:

v8 tt
r8 v8

the rs4 v8 is ok. I'll stop hating on it if it makes you happy. Not even remotely tunable, but it's a good motor out of the box.

Oh, and nothing wrong with fi+vr6+standalone.

It's the ME hacks (and shitty NA 3.2s) that are trash.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
GolfSportWagen

« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2021, 05:37:38 PM »

For the record I have been to HGP's facility and ridden in their tuned bi-turbo R32 and I can say that it performed flawlessly like the OE calibrated vehicle using their recalibration of the ME 7.1.1 ECU. It should be understood that they use a breakout box with real time display and spend weeks if not months fine tuning the calibration on the dyno and street after altering considerable OE code. Proper VR6 forced induction calibration vs. a hack tune requires a lot of effort and costs. Because HGP is selling turbo packages they had to reengineer the ME 7.1.1 or their engines would run as poorly as most other hack tuned VR6 forced induction engines. The engine isn't the issue, it's that there was never a FI version of it so the ECU code is all wrong for FI and must be rewritten if you want to be able to properly calibrate a FI VR6 engine.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2021, 09:51:05 PM »

For the record I have been to HGP's facility and ridden in their tuned bi-turbo R32 and I can say that it performed flawlessly like the OE calibrated vehicle using their recalibration of the ME 7.1.1 ECU. It should be understood that they use a breakout box with real time display and spend weeks if not months fine tuning the calibration on the dyno and street after altering considerable OE code.

Interesting, thanks for the info!

ECUx Plot

jochen_145

« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2021, 02:07:01 AM »

It should be understood that they use a breakout box with real time display and spend weeks if not months fine tuning the calibration on the dyno and street after altering considerable OE code.
I assume, they use the customized Bosch-SW, witch was made for Rothe

Because HGP is selling turbo packages they had to reengineer the ME 7.1.1 or their engines would run as poorly as most other hack tuned VR6 forced induction engines. The engine isn't the issue, it's that there was never a FI version of it so the ECU code is all wrong for FI and must be rewritten if you want to be able to properly calibrate a FI VR6 engine.
There IS a "orginal" FI VR6 software, but it wasn´t made for VAG, it is done for Rothe..
 Wink
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2021, 10:36:49 AM »

Must be nice to have the source code for Motronic

Or not; a lot of proprietary code bases (and their build processes) are clusterfuck.

ECUx Plot

jochen_145

« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2021, 01:14:01 PM »

Must be nice to have the source code for Motronic

Don´t know, if it was clear enough:
Rothe brough directly form Bosch

So of cause "they" (Bosch) have the source code for (theire) Motronic
Geomeo

« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2021, 06:39:27 PM »

If you can't see these things you need to contribute to the forum more folks!

I think someone ran the 7.5 FR through some translator, not sure if this is right page but it's on the forum somewhere.

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=400.45

The problems start at the ecu architecture and the configurations, so no. of cyl's, volume of air getting in them, sensors etc . Then maths/logic thereafter is just that - you start with a wrong number, the rest will just get worse. Of course this being a coder heavy forum you'll get the tech but these are the basics 1st!

I put up the me7.1.1 ssp in the noobs guide area if people want to educate themselves on it?
I’m wondering if it would not be a little easier to emulate all the voltages/signals going into the ecu?  Rather than trying to blow an engine up.  Maybe it would make it easier to work out the math/logic.  Sounds very complex and time consuming though either way. 
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2021, 07:02:04 PM »

I’m wondering if it would not be a little easier to emulate all the voltages/signals going into the ecu?

That's exactly what underscaling does, and its trivial to do by adjusting the correct maps in ME to start with *with no ASM changes*. It has zero utility except for those who can't even do that.

ECUx Plot

Geomeo

« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2021, 01:20:04 PM »

Just out of interest does anyone know what software bosch uses to write the source code?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2021, 01:49:24 PM »

Just out of interest does anyone know what software bosch uses to write the source code?

Are you asking about what compiler they use (which does not write source code) or what editor/SCM?

The latter seems somewhat irrelevant.

ECUx Plot

Geomeo

« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2021, 02:38:30 PM »

Are you asking about what compiler they use (which does not write source code) or what editor/SCM?

The latter seems somewhat irrelevant.
Well I was thinking it might be their own proprietary editor. With such a thing they might have some shortcuts embedded? Something like an object library but only for ecus.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2021, 06:00:40 PM »

Proprietary editor? For editing source code? What value would a proprietary editor have over any other editor used to edit source?

Do you mean compiler?

ECUx Plot

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: