Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 4B0906018DH 1.8T XDF SAI delete  (Read 996 times)
TheeDude

« on: April 08, 2024, 01:23:54 PM »

Hello!

I have a VW Passat 1.8T AWT from 2003 where I would like to delete the SAI system because previous owner installed APU cylinder head without SAI.
So, he drilled a hole in a SAI hose, and with the result that the Engine MIL light comes on after a couple of miles.

This is my first time attempting something like this, I have tried searching for XDF files, I have found a couple of different ones, but I don´t know if they are complete.
Some with exact number, and some with DC or CH at the end.

I have the original bin file and have tried opening it with the XDF files that I found,

Also, there seems to be a couple of different solutions on how to remove this system.
I would like to leave it as it is, in the car, and replace the hose with the drilled hole, so it looks stock.

I have checked this link https://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
I don´t want to mess upp here, which way should I go?
The first method sets the monitor to unsupported (falsely shown as PASSED in VCDS):

CDSLS to 0
CWKONABG bit 2 to 0 (e.g. change from 5 to 1).

When I open .bin and .XDF file, and look at a value in Parameter Tree, is it the bin value or XDF value that I am looking at?
Just thinking that it is a little confusing, because different XDF file, gives me different values in the parameter tree.
The 018CH xdf file have very different value than the other files that I found.
All files is from this forum.

And, Is it possible to tune it at the same time?
This is way above my knowledge though.

Thanks!
prj

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2024, 04:39:14 PM »

This is my first time attempting something like this, I have tried searching for XDF files, I have found a couple of different ones, but I don´t know if they are complete.
Some with exact number, and some with DC or CH at the end.

The number and version have to both match exactly. Different letter can easily mean different structure of the software!

The file you posted is 4B0906018DH 0002.
There's also a 4B0906018DH 0004 version.

The xdf you posted seems to line up with 0002. Of course it's only as good as the person who made it.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
TheeDude

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2024, 12:32:46 PM »

The number and version have to both match exactly. Different letter can easily mean different structure of the software!

The file you posted is 4B0906018DH 0002.
There's also a 4B0906018DH 0004 version.

The xdf you posted seems to line up with 0002. Of course it's only as good as the person who made it.

Thanks!

When I started to delete the SAI coding I had several DTC´s.
Look at my attached picture..

I have since then replaced two hoses, one hose that goes from the SAI pump to the valve on the backside of the cylinder head.
And the 3-way hose that are on the cylinder head to the crankcase ventilation.

Then modified my bin with tunerpro.
    ESKONF byte 5 and 6 to FB and 3C
  • Zeroed out MSLUB
  • Zeroed out MSLBAS
  • And then ran me7sum and me7check, and flashed the file

SAI fan don´t kick in on cold start (or never), and everything seems to be fine, the car runs much smooter and better, better than it ever has when I have owned it.
But, when it get´s hot, or atlest semi hot, I still have one code left and high idle.
Before I hade like 1500rpm at idle, but now it seems to be pretty stable at 1200rpm.

And readiness is complaining about SAI, EVAP, Catalytic converter.
Maybe i didn´t run it long enough for every readiness to complete, have only run it for 5-10 km.
But, it sets the same DTC as before (16891), maybe SAI DTC also will come back, it took a little while before, I don´t know.

Have I missed something? Or do I have a leak somewhere that I haven´t located yet?
Fuel trims are at spec, but maybe a little much lean on the long term, -7%

I thought that the readiness monitor for SAI would pass right away..
[/list]
« Last Edit: April 27, 2024, 02:11:58 AM by TheeDude » Logged
Spen Holder

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2024, 10:36:41 PM »

Screen shots will go the long way Wink
TheeDude

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2024, 02:12:28 AM »

Screen shots will go the long way Wink

What do you mean?
_nameless

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2024, 08:35:08 AM »

He means don't post low quality pictures of your computer screen that you took with your phone. CTRL + SHIFT + Print Screen = Screenshot Wink 

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
TheeDude

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2024, 01:49:14 PM »

He means don't post low quality pictures of your computer screen that you took with your phone. CTRL + SHIFT + Print Screen = Screenshot Wink 

Oh okay, sorry!
I will keep that in mind in the future.
My computer is a windows based tablet without a physical keyboard.
I will try to locate the printscreen button...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: