Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Help with IMMO PIN from cluster dump  (Read 5124 times)
fosje67

« on: August 23, 2013, 10:13:42 PM »

So I have been trying to retrieve the IMMO PIN from a 2004 Jetta TDI, with no success.  The only thing I have managed to get was a cluster dump using commander 2.5.  My cheap cable (will be returned in the AM) doesn't seem to work with anything except commander 2.5, and even then I can only manage to get a cluster dump ( I am not even sure I have something the PIN can be extracted from).  I have posted my dump, if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.  I do have a VCDS HEX-CAN cable, so once I get the PIN I should be good to go.
k0mpresd

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 11:13:49 PM »

dump is no good it looks like.
ddillenger

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 11:41:37 PM »

Looks like it only pulled part of it. The part number's in there and correct, but the IMMO and vin portions are FF'd.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
MK2-VRT

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 03:35:45 AM »

Here a good dump, but its a european cluster ( km/h inst miles ) with half fiss.

Your dump is completly wrong, VIN / Immo / Tank / Temp / Speedo and tacho meter etc..

The cluster works oke ? Than you read it wrong or with the wrong tools, when your cluster works not oke at the moment, then change or repair dump, write it and all oke.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 03:40:46 AM by MK2-VRT » Logged
fosje67

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2013, 12:05:49 PM »

Thanks everyone for the help.  I suspected the dump wasn't any good.  Fortunately there is nothing wrong with the cluster that I know of, I was just trying to retrieve the PIN because I really hate the idea of being tied to a dealer for simple procedures. 

The issue appears to be my cable, as it is a simple 409.1 cable with really old drives (FTDI drivers provided are from 2002, and the only ones I could get the cable to work with).  Cable is now on its way back to the supplier.

Next question is do you think I would have any issues using me7_95040 with a thirty dollarish K+CAN cable, commonly sold as vag-commander 1.4 on amazon (current cable gives error when trying to connect to the ECU).  Really all I want to accomplish is pulling the PIN, if its through a dump or software directly I really don't care.

Thanks again for the help, and the information on clusters and immobilizers on this site is by far the best.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: