Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 1.8T intake cam timing deviation threshold.  (Read 7778 times)
vwaudiguy

« on: June 06, 2016, 03:09:41 PM »

Does anyone know if this (threshold for deviation) is different between VVT and non VVT files? Does anyone know the threshold? I want to say it's 16kw-ish based on our findings so far, but I'm not 100% yet. Engine was assembled by someone else, has an aftermarket intake cam, and a blue gates racing T-Belt. We're getting a crank to cam incorrect correlation, but not until about 50 miles were put on the car from when it was first started. Mechanical timing was checked, and is correct. I've been taking note of a few cars and here's the results from block 93 in VCDS..

Aftermarket intake cam with VVT AWP                                           = 11kw (no cel)
Stock AWP                                                                               = 4KW  (no cel)
Aftermarket intake cam no VVT (with VVT file but coded out)            = 18kw (cel) This is the problem car.

I realize the crank sprocket could be off (broken woodruff) or possibly an oil pressure issue (recently had rods installed) But I'm looking for a little more advice before diving into those things. If I slot the cam position sensor ever so slightly and rotate counter-clockwise I can get 7kw and no cel..

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
vwaudiguy

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 04:25:49 PM »

Crank timing sproket wasn't torq'd well enough, and broke the molded-in woodruff key. Problem found.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 10:44:38 PM by vwaudiguy » Logged

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
Carsinc

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 09:56:37 PM »

I'm guessing this is a Audi tt. 
vwaudiguy

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 10:42:58 PM »

I'm guessing this is an Audi tt.  

Sure is. Lucky guess?  Smiley
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 10:45:01 PM by vwaudiguy » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: