Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Want to dump 1.8t 2004 ecu.  (Read 16306 times)
evolution2147

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2014, 12:39:57 AM »

Ok I was able to get the code, Thanks for the help. Would I be able to use this same method on my b7 rs4? I wouldn't mind making another key for that too.
f1torrents

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2014, 10:53:17 AM »

Nope.
evolution2147

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2014, 06:58:41 PM »

Nope.

Why
ddillenger

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2014, 07:00:21 PM »

Your B7 RS4 doesn't use the K-line, thus the K-line tools won't connect. It's like asking why you can't play DVD's with your VHS player.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
evolution2147

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2014, 09:45:32 PM »

Your B7 RS4 doesn't use the K-line, thus the K-line tools won't connect. It's like asking why you can't play DVD's with your VHS player.

Well I was only asking because the cluster still runs off k line and the program says it supports can.
f1torrents

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2014, 05:51:50 AM »

WFS4 is a totally different beast.
Don't mess with it unless you are willing and able to deal with the consequences.
evolution2147

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2014, 11:22:55 AM »

WFS4 is a totally different beast.
Don't mess with it unless you are willing and able to deal with the consequences.

No one on this forum seems like they directly answer any questions.. It would be much more helpful to me if someone helped me with things instead of just saying: Nope or you better be willing to deal with the consequences, or PLEASE REREAD FIRST POST. Half of your guys' posts contradict one another.

All I am wondering is what the differences are between the years and such. because with an exception of the 2 ecus there doesn't seem to be that much different between the rs4s and a4s.
ddillenger

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2014, 12:40:07 PM »

No one on this forum seems like they directly answer any questions.. It would be much more helpful to me if someone helped me with things instead of just saying: Nope or you better be willing to deal with the consequences, or PLEASE REREAD FIRST POST. Half of your guys' posts contradict one another.

All I am wondering is what the differences are between the years and such. because with an exception of the 2 ecus there doesn't seem to be that much different between the rs4s and a4s.

The RS4 uses a completely different generation of immobilizer.  NO k-line interface will connect to that car whatsoever, it MUST be a CAN-bus tool. Even if you were to buy a cloned tool that SAYS it will work, chances are it will brick the cluster and you will end up with a DEF error requiring professional repair.

If you want to DIY this, but the original, authentic vag-tacho. It is available from the makers, here:

http://www.opelinfo.com/

USING ANY CLONE TOOL ON THAT CAR IS LIKELY TO CAUSE DAMAGE.

Other than that, what specifically do you need to know?

I think I answered all of your questions directly. As for me telling you to re-read my first post, it contained the answer you were looking for did it not? You asked:

Ok so just use the same program (Vag eeprom programmer) to dump ECU?

My very first post in your thread:

Vag eeprom programmer will only work on the cluster.

I put a lot of thought into my replies. I'm sorry if you didn't put the same effort into reading them as I did writing them.

I'm more than a little bothered by your attitude. We're a group of (unpaid) enthusiasts. Quite frankly if you had any idea of the effort I put into reading and replying (to the best of my abilities) to all of these posts, I feel as though you'd have a different perspective.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 12:56:05 PM by ddillenger » Logged

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
evolution2147

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2014, 10:19:55 PM »

I'm really not trying to be a jerk you guys just kept confusing me with everything. Like first you said to dump the cluster but then someone said not to. and someone said changing the mileage is as easy as pushing one button.. I know you guys are much smarter than me but I really am interested in learning about this stuff.
prj

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2014, 08:09:40 AM »

I'm really not trying to be a jerk you guys just kept confusing me with everything. Like first you said to dump the cluster but then someone said not to. and someone said changing the mileage is as easy as pushing one button.. I know you guys are much smarter than me but I really am interested in learning about this stuff.

It is a privilege for you to even be "confused" on here.
Put a little thought into that before you throw your attitude around. No one owes you anything on here.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
evolution2147

« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2014, 09:22:28 AM »

It is a privilege for you to even be "confused" on here.
Put a little thought into that before you throw your attitude around. No one owes you anything on here.

ok never said anyone owed me anything, nor would i expect anyone to..
evolution2147

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2014, 09:43:25 AM »

But honestly I really am sorry if I offended anyone. Just was having a frustrated off-moment.
evolution2147

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2014, 08:28:56 AM »

Morning everyone, Has anyone ever heard about this as an alternative to vagtacho?
http://cee-team.com/en/special-interface/vag-software.html
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: