Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Stock S6 program to A6 V8  (Read 5528 times)
Waltercampbell

« on: March 15, 2013, 12:01:06 PM »

I'm just getting used to the terminology used here in regards to part numbers and calibrations and so forth. I can be very confusing  Huh and I am slowly wading through it. The question remains, can I simply upload an S6 calibration to an A6 V8 car to make a few extra horses?  The car in question is a 2002. 

Thanks
ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 12:06:19 PM »

You'll make significantly less power. The s6 uses larger injectors, a larger MAF, and a single intake flap changeover. On the a6 it'll leave a hole in the powerband, and run lean.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
Waltercampbell

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 12:21:19 PM »

That I can understand.  Thanks for the reply. 
What about an A8/S8 program?  They use the dual runner intake.  Injectors and MAF are fairly easy to come by, intakes are more difficult.
I know I can get an APR tune to up the horsepower, which I may still do, but I'd really like to learn and do what I can first. 
vdubnation
Turboman
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 12:33:10 PM »

What about an A8/S8 program?  They use the dual runner intake.  Injectors and MAF are fairly easy to come by, intakes are more difficult.
I know I can get an APR tune to up the horsepower, which I may still do, but I'd really like to learn and do what I can first. 

I know this is not for your car but if you read this you might understand a bit more
http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning

Also you really dont need to change any hardware if you want a little more juice your over thinking it  Grin
ddillenger

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 12:40:33 PM »

AFAIK, the s8 also has a single stage intake changeover, whereas the a6 has a two stage. This is done because the gearing in the a6 is taller and can't transition as quickly.

I mean, you can scale the s6 file for your injectors and maf, or try to tune your file, but to be honest it's not widely defined. If you had a more common configuration it would be much simpler. I have defined most of the s6 file I have for use in 6 speed swaps, but I wouldn't recommend using it unless you are also doing a trans conversion and the NA flash won't allow the softcoding you require.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
Waltercampbell

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 12:49:19 PM »

Thanks for helping me get up to speed a little on the subject. 

Just to back track a little and clarify for my benefit;

The A6 ECU I have can be loaded with the S6 program and will work. (injectors, maf, etc. aside)

Does anyone have a stock S6 program?

ddillenger

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 12:51:34 PM »

I have a stock s6 program and my definition file for it. Check the tuned files section, I posted an older version of it. I've done a lot more work since then. It's 4D0907559E. The file is already scaled for the a6 maf and injectors, so you can flash it to your ecu and run it the way it is.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
Waltercampbell

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2013, 01:17:36 PM »

I appreciate all your help and info on this matter. 

Thanks again!!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: