Pages: [1]
Author Topic: turbo 16V hybrid engine with 16V head and 1.8T bottom end running on ME7?  (Read 3377 times)
vwnut8392

i've been kicking around the idea of building a hybrid 16V turbo engine using a 1.8T bottom end and a 1.8 16v large port head. i know people are going to say keep the 20V head as it flow better and all but the reason for doing this is all the 1.8t engines in the parts pile have bad heads plus i have 5 good 16V heads sitting on a shelf that could be used for something. anyhow, i was kicking around using ME7 on the setup because i have a few harnesses/ECU's etc laying around. i know i will need to make or retrofit the 1.8T cam sensor, throttle body shouldnt be a problem because it will have a custom short runner or an adapter machined so that a scirocco 16V intake will accept the DBW throttle body. really my hopes are to just build a franken engine from mostly factory parts and what can be made in the machine shop. this wont be installed in any street car either, this will be going on the back of my sand rail buggy  Roll Eyes.

turbo wise i have a T3 super 60 sitting around doing nothing along with an ebay cast log turbo manifold. i dont want a large turbo as that would be no fun in the woods when ya cant go full throttle all the time. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: