Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Looking for addresses for skc/vin/keys/immo/mileage in a cluster dump  (Read 16455 times)
turboat

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2014, 02:54:01 PM »

After that, pair the NEW dash to the OLD ecu. That will keep the immobilizer ID that the keys have been matched to so that they can then be rematched to the new cluster. After which, flash the ecu with whatever you want, it'll all be paired.

That's really useful info dd. Sorry for misleading you digitalhippie
digitalhippie

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2014, 03:23:31 PM »

That's really useful info dd. Sorry for misleading you digitalhippie

No worries, we're all learning... part of what we call life

All you must do is make sure to first adapt the cluster to the ecu, not the ecu to the cluster. The only time you have to worry about not being able to reuse the RFID transponders is if you don't have any of the original files.

As you have both the ecu AND the cluster, this is very easy. The only shitty part is like you said, there will be some games involved due to the incorrect flash being loaded onto the ecu currently.

BUT, it'll be fun-lol.

It'll be a learning experience.  But I'm good to go w/o bootmode?  I ask because I've seen other threads stating that you can't flash the ecu with immo enabled... so I'm afraid that once I flash the stock allroad bin and enable immo again, I will be unable to flash back a new bin (or the current screwy bin) w/o bootmode
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 03:28:21 PM by digitalhippie » Logged
turboat

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2014, 03:40:17 PM »

You can flash if the immo is authed, so if key is matched and the ecu/cluster is paired then it can be flashed (which is how I flashed my Audi, in the car)
ddillenger

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2014, 03:53:08 PM »

You can flash now as the immo is off in the flash. Once the immo enabled file is flashed though, you will not be able to flash back until after you adapt everything.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
digitalhippie

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2014, 05:21:47 PM »

Ok, I see - as long as the immo is all adapted and working I can still flash the other bin back.  Thank you.
digitalhippie

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2014, 07:34:53 PM »

Thank you both dd and turboat.  Flashed stock bin, paired immo, paired keys, flashed back original bin.  SUCCESS
ddillenger

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2014, 07:42:00 PM »

Told ya it wasn't so bad Tongue

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
digitalhippie

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2014, 08:24:45 PM »

Indeed.  I was more worried about doing something that would require bootmode.

Now for the really fun part... I don't want this mystery tune... the previous owner of the car said EGT/rear-o2 were deleted, but when I compare my bin to a stock 551L bin... there seems to be a lot more changed.

I'm going to take the stock 551L bin and see about disabling egt/rear-o2/sai myself...
ddillenger

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2014, 08:26:21 PM »

I like it. Mystery tunes are no good. Learning to DIY is better.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
digitalhippie

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2014, 09:25:57 PM »

You just might have to put up with a few more stupid questions from me
turboat

« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2014, 04:51:52 AM »

Indeed.  I was more worried about doing something that would require bootmode.

The general advice is you should make sure you have bootmode kit ready for when you brick your ecu and you need to recover it. So far I've got away without galletto/mpps, but that might just be luck Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: