Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Problematic Immobilizer 1998 A4 B5  (Read 5364 times)
Concker

« on: February 09, 2015, 01:12:53 AM »

Hello.
I just searched up on this forum and where hoping i finally after almost a year mby i came to a place i may get some help.
Ok so long story short, for about a year ago my Immobilizer started to fail on my Euro 1998 Audi A4 B5, 2.4L 30v Quattro.
Resulting i had to tow the car to the dealership 4-5times..  Embarrassed

They did change all the electrical stuff, the readercoil, wiring, the whole loom etc.
Nothing helped more then a few days before it acted up again, so i took matters in my own hands and swapped my old cluster for an full fis cluster complete with the new stalk and wiring.
This did work, but the screen was broken and the immobilizer did sometimes act up,.. (but at this point i had the skc so i could do the emergency start)

So at this point i had knowledge about vagcom, vagtacho and everything needed to do another swap yet again.
so i bought a 100% working correct year S4 cluster (The only difference in part number is the end letter)
I got around to install it, programmed the softcode etc to it reads everything correct, but i cant get around to program the immobilizer..

Normally when you enter the pin, you can start the engine, regardless if you enter it manually into the cluster using the stalks, or into vag com.
Doing this on the S4 cluster does nothing, it accepts the pin but it wont start, Also if i try to change the channel 21 to programm the key, it just jumps back to 0 and i get a fault code reading incorrect programming.. so something is now communicating propperly..

The old (Working clusters immo id)
AUZ7Z0v0217625

S4 cluster
AUZ7Z0W0743133

I dont know if those numbers needs to be the same for it to work?
But yeah, after a year of problems i would really just want the immobilizer gone if possible.. I have lost so much sleep over this problem and it seems to never go away..
So is there any way possible to remove it? at all?

The car is an Norwegian (Euro spec) 1998 B5, 2.4L V6 Quattro.
The ecu parts number is: 4B0 907 552 C
I do have a chip from eBay that i have not tried yet, like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/VAG-IMMO-Emulator-for-replace-defective-immobiliser-unit-to-2000-IMMO1-and-IMMO2-/161308998759?hash=item258ec3fc67&item=161308998759&pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&vxp=mtr

Any 1 knows if they actually works? I dont want to splice up the loom if it wont work..
Thanks for all the help..

-Daniel
turboat

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 03:42:22 AM »

Those emulators work on immo2, you can test by plugging it into the obd port.
Concker

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 04:05:10 AM »

Oh that's a gr8 idea to make it easy to test!  You don't happen to have the pin layout?  Guess I need the plus, minus and k line.
It's a immo 2 car so worth a try.
turboat

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 04:22:35 AM »

Concker

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 04:43:08 AM »

Thanks, I'll try this once I get home, hopefully it will be a easy fix to a big problem.
Concker

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 10:06:41 AM »

Alright so i have been doing some test.
Connecting everything into the obd2 port did not work.
Tried to connect the 12v and ground, straight to the battery, then on the K line on the wires going into the cluster, nothing.
Tried the same with the W line.. nothing..

Then i cut the W line, connecting the emulator to the wire going down towards the engine / ecu, leaving the end going to the cluster not being connected.
This worked and the car starts both with and without a cluster.
The immo light will however keep flashing, but the car starts..
I guess this is normal?

The light i can just tape down the led it selv on the circutboard on the cluster so no big deal, seems to work this way tho..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: