Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Beginner :)  (Read 6304 times)
phub

« on: January 30, 2012, 02:50:20 AM »

Hey, Guys! Pretty new around here now Roll Eyes I've just bought an 1996 Audi A4 1.8 TQ. Absolutely original car, no chiptuning or tuning at all.
But i do have the big interest for electronic's, and i have also the Ross-Tech diagnostics program, with bought license for diagnostics for my car.
And read alot around here lately, got more interest for this.

I've just wondered, can i myself with NefMoto software actually chiptune my car myself.. So it increases HP from 150 to 190 f.ex?
 Grin
rob.mwpropane

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 04:45:21 PM »

I doubt it, your car is most likely an earlier me5, or me3.

This has nothing to do with cars but you can see my glorifying job at,

www.MWPropane.com
phub

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 03:02:33 AM »

Aah, ok.. crap! :p Alot of extra work to chiptune that car then.. Found engine code AEB, and seemd to be me3 as you mentioned yes.
rob.mwpropane

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 06:01:15 PM »

Aah, ok.. crap! :p Alot of extra work to chiptune that car then.. Found engine code AEB, and seemd to be me3 as you mentioned yes.

Not impossible. I don't have enough info about it, but it can be done. You can't read (as far as I've read anyway) the EEPROM via OBDII, however you can read with a programmer seen here;
 http://www.mcumall.com/comersus/store/comersus_dynamicIndex.asp

You may be able to write via OBDII, but you would have to do some more investigating to find out more about your ECU. There is some info about earlier Motronic cars on here, not a lot, but some.

This has nothing to do with cars but you can see my glorifying job at,

www.MWPropane.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: