Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rescue EDC16C35  (Read 7622 times)
maZer.GTi

« on: March 27, 2013, 09:01:40 AM »

I have a big Problem with EDC16C35,
i read original file through obd and tuned it. After that i started to flash the tuning file with mpps.
Mpps stuck on 0% and erasing flash.
Now the ECU is bricked and the car wont start.
I read ecu with BDM and recognice that there are some zerod areas.
Can somebody help me to Rescue the ecu?
vdubnation
Turboman
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 01:20:16 PM »

happened once before to me and all i did was restart mpps and it restarted the flash process
maZer.GTi

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 06:39:00 PM »

Yes but problem is i tried to start car after flash failure.
And now i cant communicate with ecu Sad
k0mpresd

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 06:45:18 PM »

use bdm to flash this. maybe it will help. btw, all i did was google your bosch number.
Rick

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 04:19:45 PM »

clone mpps and BMW = bad news.
Drehkraft

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2013, 12:18:43 PM »

Yes but problem is i tried to start car after flash failure.
And now i cant communicate with ecu Sad

Reflash the file above with the BDM and all will be well again.  Note for all with EDC 16 always do a complete read via BDM first before writing.  It is the only way to completely backup your ECU.

maZer.GTi

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2013, 03:15:35 PM »

Reflash the file above with the BDM and all will be well again.  Note for all with EDC 16 always do a complete read via BDM first before writing.  It is the only way to completely backup your ECU.

Big thx for all your help.
Ill try it tommorow. Smiley
porkkis

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2013, 03:12:40 AM »

Have you already solved this problem? I have done the same..... and with original mpps, but I admit it was very old version.

The problem is that the file read is 1MB and actually it's a 2MB ECU as you can see from your BDM read. Your write failed because the file is wrong size.

Fix the file by filling the BDM read with MPPS read at the zeroed data area. I'm sure you'll find the spot. I'm afraid the car will still not start after you BDM write the fixed version back. You will need to tow it to the dealer to have the EWS synced.

You can verify your fix by reading it again or taking the ID with MPPS.

Always with BMW's remember to switch the ignition on using the start button (with clutch pedal up).

BMW edc16 sw is car specific so I would not write it with a read from another car...
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 03:14:56 AM by porkkis » Logged
maZer.GTi

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2013, 03:26:38 AM »

Have you already solved this problem? I have done the same..... and with original mpps, but I admit it was very old version.

The problem is that the file read is 1MB and actually it's a 2MB ECU as you can see from your BDM read. Your write failed because the file is wrong size.

Fix the file by filling the BDM read with MPPS read at the zeroed data area. I'm sure you'll find the spot. I'm afraid the car will still not start after you BDM write the fixed version back. You will need to tow it to the dealer to have the EWS synced.

You can verify your fix by reading it again or taking the ID with MPPS.

Always with BMW's remember to switch the ignition on using the start button (with clutch pedal up).

BMW edc16 sw is car specific so I would not write it with a read from another car...

Big Big Thx, that was a great answer!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: